Author Topic: Bum Rush the Campus (Part 1)  (Read 4782 times)

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Bum Rush the Campus (Part 1)
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »
good stuff, weird running form though, it looks like he would get worn out really quickly.

ya over time i have developed something (i can't recall the term for it) where i roll from the outside of my foot inwards when i walk and run. it wasn't until after this video was filmed, which was about 2 or 3 months ago that i noticed this problem. since then i have been trying to straighten out my alignment by focusing on having my whole foot touch the ground evenly. walking barefoot has helped a lot and i am pretty much in proper alignment now. as for getting worn out quickly, that makes pretty much no sense. i was just running slightly out of alignment, which has almost nothing to do with endurance. what it can do is affect your knees, shins, back, etc. which is how i figured out that my running and walking form was off. i'm glad someone noticed this tho, having proper alignment is very important, especially with parkour.

actually it makes perfect sense, when i run the only thing really moving much at all are my legs. my shoulders are stationary along with the rest of my torso and my arms are tucked in and moving very little. standing up straight and tall increases air intake and reduces energy consumption.

moving parts of your body that dont really need to move is wasting energy, i thought this would make you tired. sorry?

ps rolling from the outside of your foot in is actually what your foot does naturally, shoes just make your body exaggerate the movement.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:25:16 PM by max eisenberg »

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Burahobbit

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »
good stuff, weird running form though, it looks like he would get worn out really quickly.

ya over time i have developed something (i can't recall the term for it) where i roll from the outside of my foot inwards when i walk and run. it wasn't until after this video was filmed, which was about 2 or 3 months ago that i noticed this problem. since then i have been trying to straighten out my alignment by focusing on having my whole foot touch the ground evenly. walking barefoot has helped a lot and i am pretty much in proper alignment now. as for getting worn out quickly, that makes pretty much no sense. i was just running slightly out of alignment, which has almost nothing to do with endurance. what it can do is affect your knees, shins, back, etc. which is how i figured out that my running and walking form was off. i'm glad someone noticed this tho, having proper alignment is very important, especially with parkour.

actually it makes perfect sense, when i run the only thing really moving much at all are my legs. my shoulders are stationary along with the rest of my torso and my arms are tucked in and moving very little. standing up straight and tall increases air intake and reduces energy consumption.

moving parts of your body that dont really need to move is wasting energy, i thought this would make you tired. sorry?

ps rolling from the outside of your foot in is actually what your foot does naturally, shoes just make your body exaggerate the movement.

It is called overpronation and while ideally you want to be going straight down your feet, or even better never touching your heels to the ground, unless you take up running seriously and competitively i doubt it will make that big of a difference. Also on a side note tucking your arms in and moving them minimally isn't really that good for your form, driving your arms makes driving your legs easier, so technically the faster you move your arms the faster you move your legs.

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 05:11:55 PM »

Haha your advice isn't even good, neither is your running form.  your arms are supposed to move a lot...like a lot a lot.  Haha your terrible advice and form just serve to embarrass you especially when critiquing somebody else's form.

Offline Dylan Baker

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »

that's the most ridiculous advice i have ever received and your statement is 100% wrong. you must run the mile in over 20 minutes and i could probably skip faster than you.
"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup;  you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow or water can crash, be water my friend."

-Bruce Lee

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 07:06:55 PM »

that's the most ridiculous advice i have ever received and your statement is 100% wrong. you must run the mile in over 20 minutes and i could probably skip faster than you.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

+1 Dylan, I just laughed my ass off for a good couple of minutes.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 07:37:38 PM »
hey whatever, it works for me. its the pose method of running i think.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
By all means do what works for you, Max. But please, don't give that advice to people unless you know what you're saying is actually true? I'm pretty sure 50 dozen people have asked you that on this board already.

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 11:38:12 PM »
he did it the right way