Author Topic: My very first parkour video  (Read 1038 times)

Meshach

My very first parkour video
« on: May 12, 2009, 03:47:52 PM »
I've been training for roughly 1 year and here a very short video my brother took of me training a few days ago.

I would like some critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWprbIYFVKg&fmt=18

Most difficult move in parkour for me? By far the roll, I still don't have it down well.

Offline Joe *AP*

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: My very first parkour video
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »
Rolls are number one in Parkour and possibly even MORE SO in free running.

If you dont have someone nearby who can help you with rolls, check the tutorials. Levi has a really good one for advanced rolls. Your dashes look okay, get a little more speed behind them i think.

"There is no CAN not, only WILL not"

Meshach

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 07:18:38 PM »
Thanks for the advice man.

I've looked at tutorial after tutorial on rolls and.. What I meant by "not having them down" is they are fine on grass, they don't hurt a bit, but when I roll on cement I have some discomfort on my back from my spine sticking out. I'm tall (6' 2") does that have anything to do with it?

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:10:28 PM »
pretty good vid overall, work on rolling more, everyones roll is different, try to find the most comfortable way from shoulder to hip and then try it on concrete, correct me if im wrong please
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline Dan Frank

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formless, shapeless, like water.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »
I've looked at tutorial after tutorial on rolls and.. What I meant by "not having them down" is they are fine on grass, they don't hurt a bit, but when I roll on cement I have some discomfort on my back from my spine sticking out. I'm tall (6' 2") does that have anything to do with it?

Mostly your form is inconsistent, but you have to figure a roll that you can do 100% of the time without pain on concrete, then you should proceed to learn the advanced roll with blocking.
Dedication is the basis of success in all things. The achievement of one's goals will ensue naturally if one is dedicated.

Meshach

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »

Mostly your form is inconsistent, but you have to figure a roll that you can do 100% of the time without pain on concrete, then you should proceed to learn the advanced roll with blocking.

Thanks for the advice.

Offline Shadowcast

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:55:17 PM »
i just joined up and started training not too long ago but ive been doin rolls for years from wrestling only thing im seeing is you kind of roll over your back instead of your shoulder. personally i like the method jeremy mentioned from shoulder to hip. i brace with one forearm up tuck head and neck down and roll forward over the shoulder to the hip then right onto my feet in a stagerfoot stance ready for a sprint.

my 2 cents =)

first post while im at it =P

Meshach

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 04:06:07 PM »
i just joined up and started training not too long ago but ive been doin rolls for years from wrestling only thing im seeing is you kind of roll over your back instead of your shoulder. personally i like the method jeremy mentioned from shoulder to hip. i brace with one forearm up tuck head and neck down and roll forward over the shoulder to the hip then right onto my feet in a stagerfoot stance ready for a sprint.

my 2 cents =)

first post while im at it =P

Cool, thanks man!