Author Topic: wanna start training  (Read 2560 times)

Offline joeyb

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
wanna start training
« on: March 10, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »
hey whats up fella's
   im new to parkour and very interested in how things go. i did 3 years in the army and consider myself very interested adn very dedicated to doing things that i set my mind to. i love to run and up til i started to focus on mass i was up to 40 miles a week. it has been some some time since i ran that far but enjoy new things. so if you train at any place or time let me know. if im not working i will be there. so if you are interseted in training me or just to show me the basic moves that would be sweet and would enjoy that. so you can hit me up here i check this everyday or text me at 402-515-4725

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
Re: wanna start training
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »
Sure, I'll talk to you sometime! I'm on of Nebraska's more experienced traceurs Were do you live at? If you live in/near East Omaha the best person to talk to is Zach Rockwell, he basically "The Beast of O East" lol.
If you live in/near Saunders County, I'll give you a few pointers.
It's good to know that you've been conditioning so well, keep it up. For a very good exercise look up the daily Workout Of the Day on American Parkour's homepage.
As for move, the very first one you should learn is how to roll properly --> http://www.americanparkour.com/content/view/264/377/
Also avoid rooftops, all "giant" gap jumps, and don't jump off anything higher than three feet. you'll end up regretting it. -_-;

Anyway... Welcome to the community!  ;D
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline joeyb

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 09:01:05 AM »
hey thanks man

i live in milford for 3 months and then papillion for three months. its how the school program that i attend is set up. i will be moving back next wed and then im back every weekend. so im up for training whenever i can. am getting back into running here shortly so hopefully that will get back to where i was without losing any mass but im willing to lose some. if you are interested in getting together this weekend or next weekend let me know. you can text me at 402 515 4725 thats the best way to get a hold of me. otherwise you can call but i dont answer numbers i dont know

Offline Rockwell

• Mangabey
  • "There's alot that I don't know...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 07:34:13 PM »
If you live in/near East Omaha the best person to talk to is Zach Rockwell, he basically "The Beast of O East" lol.
You rang.....
lol

Hey  :D
Your welcome to train with my anytime!
If you new I would recommend attending an open gym, they're pretty bomb.
I literally attend every single one of them.
So feel feel to just show up whenever and maybe send me a pm before hand so I know your coming.
I'll be the kid with crazy brown hair who has a thing for foam pits......
!!!HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!  ;D ;D ;D 
What if you fail?
I won't.

"Dude how did you rip your pants?!?!?"
"Well when you travel at the speed of awesome...."

"Fast. Run Fast.Run so God damned fast. Why? Dreams don’t catch themselves."

Offline spiderman7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 11:16:55 AM »
you said you live in pappilon where at cuz im down there most sundays and train in and around overland hills cherch if thats close by it would be cool to train togerther im perty new ive only been traing about a year so ya hit me up
cant back down, cant give in, never give up and never say die