Author Topic: Sadness ...  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Xero

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Sadness ...
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:28:29 AM »
Hello everyone...

I'm currently not feeling well at all. I'm fine, physically, save for this gash on my right middle finger (middle joint-- not the knuckle on the top of the hand) from a botched wall climb...

Basically, the situation is that my one and only grandmother is passing. Last I heard she was barely clinging to her life in a hospital in Missouri... I would not be surprised to hear that she passed sometime last night, though I hope that isn't the case.

No matter what, though, the docs didn't give her a good prognosis-- they originally said four to five months, as they had found Lymphoma; however, they found internal bleeding in her stomach which they couldn't fix and which got worse, which dropped her survival rate down to a few weeks, which then led to -a- week, which is now down to a few hours...

I'm leaving Central Michigan University (my college) at 2pm to drive solo to Detroit, so that I can board a plane tonight at 7PM roughly to get down there to Missouri...

The rest of my family is currently down there already-- I had a professor up here who was not being too sympathetic to my plight, hence me staying until today...

I've only ever had one set of grandparents in my life as my dad's parents both died before I was born. Needless to say, I love my mom's parents (my only grandparents) very much; it's hurting me so much to lose my grandmother.

Please keep myself and my family, including my grandfather (who is soon to be a widower) in good thoughts... we all could use it very much.

-Sincerely, a traceur in need,
Benjamin Ehren Kraft
AKA Xero

CMU-PK / Team Empyre (out of Port Huron)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:40:03 AM by M2 »

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Traceur down...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 06:58:21 AM »
Prayers and condolences go out to you and your family.  Though, condolences may be a bit premature I, as I'm sure all of use do, hope for her recovery.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 08:39:25 AM »
Sorry to hear Ben. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I am however going to change the title of your post, "Traceur down" leads people to believe that someone has been hurt doing Parkour, which really isn't your message here.

Please feel free to change it again if you don't like what  I put.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 08:42:58 AM »
Take Care, be well, and best of wishes Xero.
Take the time you need, but I hope to see you back soon and feeling better!

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Sadness ...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 08:55:26 AM »
I can only hope that you make it down there in time. ive been in that boat, and i know i would give anything to have said my goodbyes. Good luck friend.

Offline The Fallen

• Patas
  • We ain't got no meatballs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:13:15 AM »
I know how you feel Xero my grandfather passed away some months ago and i know how it is.My condolences to your family and you and your grandmother. Hope everything goes well and good luck.
Animals should not try to act like Humans, But if i want to act like a dolphin who's gonna F%$^&ing stop me?

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 10:19:19 AM »
Hey Ben, I'm really sorry. I hope at least that everything goes peacefully. I feel for you and your family.

-Levi

Offline Gareth EE Field

• Mangabey
  • Aaayyooo!!!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 05:25:29 PM »
The only thing you can do is to do what she wants you to do, if respecting her wishes is something that's a high priority to you. As cliche as is sounds, I'm sure she doesn't want you to feel bad, so stay on the sunny side of life. If you miss her, you miss her, and it's ok to feel sad about that sometimes, but miss her, remember the good times, and think about the good things you still have in your life. When my grandma died, I missed her very much for a time (though it was really time for her to pass on, she was in pain for a while before she died), but when I settled with my sadness and accepted that I missed her and that I was ok with that, my life was ... more colorful? In the words of Tyler Durden, "Tomrrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Essel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you or I have ever tasted." And then I found parkour, and I have a few friends who I really like. Next year I'll go to college. Or if I don't I'll move out, find a job in california, and THEN I'll go to college. And it'll be like 70,000 cheaper when I establish residency. Then I'll get a job, maybe make a family with someone, maybe do something meaningful. Basically my point is, there's still life to live.
PK4LIFE!

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 06:13:57 PM »
Hang in there buddy, I feel for ya
I'll be praying for you both.

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline W0LF

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 07:02:20 PM »
I know what it's like man and I'll be praying for you and your family. Just hang in there.

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 07:40:02 PM »
Man, now I feel bad, sorry man.  :'(
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline DeadPool

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • cats have a high risk of breast cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 02:53:39 PM »
all i can say is im sorry