Author Topic: How do sponsorships and job offers work?  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
How do sponsorships and job offers work?
« on: May 29, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
Hey, I know there are a bunch of teams/groups/individuals that get sponsorships from big companies out there. They also get lots of job offers for commerical work, movies, video games, and other things. I'm just curious as to how they work when you get sponsored, and how you get sponsored.

When you get a sponsorship, do you get paid to work for and use their products? Also, how do you go about advertising for sponsorships? And job offers too.

Doing Parkour with a sponsors and/or for other commercial work would seem like a really cool and fun way to make money. Don't think that doing parkour to make money was my original intent though. Thanks for your help.
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Nick Riccardi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: How do sponsorships and job offers work?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »
Well, i can tell you that me and the group i do parkour with have been going to open gym nights at the local gymnastics place, and just this week the recognized what we are doing and asked us some questions about it. We discussed the philosophy of it and all that stuff, and they have decided to open up a class there and sponsor the original 8 or so of us as a team. They said they want to make us T-Shirts and takes us on their school tours (where their gymnasts perform at schools all over the state) to do parkour in front of crowds ect, as well as feature us at the big local fair. We won't be getting paid for it, but it is a great opportunity for us to get the word out about parkour and what it is all about. :D

b5200

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »
I think PKFR International's sponsorship with Puma just gets them free shoes occasionally and discounts when they want to buy others.  Although I'm sure sponsorships could work any number of ways.

Offline Team Avian

• Completely and Utterly Banned not.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ɹnoʞɹɐd ǝןןıʌsɐןƃnop
    • View Profile
    • Team Avian's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »
from what i've experienced so far, it's a little luck and a lot of random...  like, just so happened to be in the right place at the right time kind of deal...

my mom called a local park to see if PK was allowed...  well, the event coordinator was who answered and didn't know about PK...  my mom told her about it and the lady lovex the idea...

point is, she was setting up plans for the grand opening of a skate park and wants to talk to us in person to see if we can do an expo for the opening...  complete luck leads to great things!

-Kyle(Rage)
Team Avian soaring through the city-scape

Team Avian's Home Page

Team Avian's Youtube Channel

Quote from: Beretta
"Open mindedness is an essential parkour skill."

**APK Roof Police**