Author Topic: Rand Jordan's Training Log (Comments Welcome)  (Read 1293 times)

Offline RandJordan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Rand Jordan's Training Log (Comments Welcome)
« on: April 14, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »
Bringing this log over from Texasparkour.com
So here we go!

12/16/08:

Morning:
10 Minute jog
25 Push ups
5 Dive bombers
200 Crunches (Split into 5 varying forms of crunches)

Evening:
Worked on precisions for 20 minutes
30 Push ups
135 Crunches (Split into 5 varying forms of crunches)
30 Push ups
10 Dive bombers
20 Pull ups (2 sets of 10)
10 One legged squats (5 right, 5 left)
50 Calf raises
50 Crunches (1 form)
Stretches

12/17/08:

Evening:
Worked on vaults of all variety for 20 minutes
Jumped to a 3 foot wall from 4 feet away and pushed up with my feet.
-2 sets of 10 with left
-2 sets of 10 with right
-1 set of 10 with both
5 Dive bombers
20 tricep dips
5 Dive bombers
40 Regular crunches
20 Leg raises (put legs off of a ledge and raised legs from wall to 12 inches above my body)

12/18/08

Evening:
20 Regular push ups
5 Dive bombers
5 pseudo push ups
Worked on kong vaults and other various vaults
20 One legged precision squats ( 10 left, 10 right)
40 Regular push ups

Tommorow should be a load of fun because Christmas break is on!

12/20/08

Today was amazing, despite what I thought, from what the internet tells me there is basically no parkour community here in Jackson, Mississippi. The only thing I found was a website saying where the community used to Jam.

I looked it up and ended up Jamming by myself for 5 or 6 hours so I had a very very productive day

I will probably go work more later.

12/26/08

I have got to be honest I only jammed for about 2 hours on christmas day.
The rest of the time I was sitting on my fat ass eating alot of food and watching T.V.

Tommorow I should be going to Jam for about 4 or 5 hours then I will do some conditioning. Sorry for the delay.

(Heck just reading this post makes me want to do some conditioning right now.)

I might edit this post later tonight

12/28/08

I had a great training session today
Started getting warm at about 12:00 P.M.
-Did various streches for about 15 minutes.
-Started training by doing repetative kong to cats about a 4 foot distance in between the kong to the cat.
- Continued with various vaults over a 4 foot wall.
- Worked on precision distance for a while got some really good distance.

Then a lady came up to me and said," This is not a pakour course, and I do not want your liability" I said," Yes Ma'am" and left the only training area I knew of since im in Mississippi, and decided to condition.

-Started out with 10 pull up's
-I walked up a set of stairs backwards on my hands and feet, without letting my knees touch the ground 5 times (Extremely Tough).
-Jumped up a set of stairs one legged (5 times with Right Leg, 5 times with left).
-Did 25 push up's at about a 45 degree incline.
-25 tricep dips
-Finished with streching

Overall I had a pretty good day and it felt extremely refreshing to get back into the groove after not training for a couple days.

1/5/2009

Sorry for the absence over the past few days I havent been in touch with too much technology, although I haven't been working out that much over the last few days.

Morning Workout
5 Minutes of Jogging.
200 Yards of lunges.
5 Minutes of Jogging
100 Regular crunches.
50 Cruches with my legs in the air bent 90 deegrees at the knee.
25 Crunches with my legs straight into the air.
25 Pushups
10 Psuedo pushups
10 Dive bombers

Evening Workout
20 Pushups
Streching
10 Psuedo pushups
10 Dive Bombers
5 One Legged Squats (Right)
5 One Legged Squats (Left)
100 Calf Raises
15 Incline Pushups (45 deegrees)
Got intterupted by phone
10 Incline Pushups (45 deegrees)

1/7/08

Had a nice routine, and ended up recruiting a friend to the site.
Have some bad news, my dad noticed my push up form was uneven thus giving me biased results to one side of my body a little bit more than the other so im going to be building up my body and paying more attention to form, which should be a big challenge since im so used to my old habits. (atleast I made sure my basic parkour vaults, precisions, etc. were correct from the start.)

Evening
-20 Pushups
-60 Calf raises
-20 Tricep dips
(1 Minutes Rest)
-20 Pushups
-60 Calf raises
-20 Tricep dips
(1 Minutes Rest)
-20 Pushups
-60 Calf raises
-20 Tricep dips
(1 Minutes Rest)
-20 Pushups
-60 Calf raises
-20 Tricep dips
(1 Minutes Rest)
-100 Crunches
(5 Minutes Rest)
Streching

I am feeling terrific and am glad to get out of my holiday slump.

Offline RandJordan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Rand Jordan's Training Log (Comments Welcome)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
1/10/09

Today I had very minimal training opportunities so I decided to attempt some front flips, after a few instructional video's, I hopped out of my chair and headed out.

I wasn't fully successful because of the fact I was flipping off of a 5 inch ledge and secondly because I haven't found the perfect amount of force to put into throwing my arms (i.e. I either over rotate a tad bit or under rotate a tad bit).

1/11/09

Evening-
Tonights routine was similar to Thursday nights, I decided to do Arm Work, then Core Work, and the Leg Work of different varieties.

-20 push ups
-50 crunches
-50 calf raises

-20 tricep dips
-50 crunches with legs in air at 45 degrees
-2 minutes of 6" to 12" (Leg Raises)

-10 dive bombers
-50 crunches with legs in air at 80 to 90 degrees
-10 one Legged squats on the right, 10 one legged squats on the left

-stretching.

going to repeat this tommorow and try to build more reps in there, I got a pretty good range of motion going there

Question: What are some good recovery foods and foods to eat before, during and after a training session or workout?

1/12/09

Evening-(Repeated yesterdays workout, with the exception of a few more reps.)

-20 push ups
-75 crunches
-75 calf raises

-25 tricep dips
-75 crunches with legs in air at 45 degrees
-2 minutes of 6" to 12" (Leg Raises)

-10 dive bombers
-50 crunches with legs in air at 80 to 90 degrees
-10 one Legged squats on the right, 10 one legged squats on the left

Extra Leg Work-
- 30 One legged calf raises(left)
- 30 One legged calf raises(right)
- Hopped one legged up 15 stairs(left)
- Hopped one legged up 15 stairs(right)
- 100 calf raises(both legs)

-STRETCHING!

EDIT: Forgot to add stretching :/

Offline RandJordan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 06:26:33 PM »
1/28/09

Evening-

20 Inclined Push Ups(40 Degrees)
100 Calf Raises
1 Minute of 6" to 12"s

25 Push Ups
40 Free Standing Squats
50 Crunches

10 Dive Bombers
20 One Legged Squats (10 Right, 10 Left)
One Minute of 6" to 12"s

- Feels Good to get back in the routine!

Goals: I would wish to develop a planche push up, this will take lots of time training balance, core strength, and upper body strength. Could someone possibly critique my workout to see if I am on the right track. If not what should I add, or remove.

2/2/09

I followed a link that Patrick posted about building workout routines and knowing your body, it lead me to APK which then lead me to the specific poster's blog. While there was alot of reading I found that this information is a can't miss, I will be developing my workout routines based off strong goals rather than vague weak ones.

New Goals:
10 Hand Stand Push Ups- March 3rd 2009 (Gives me one month)
-To accomplish this I will develop the endurance and strength with full ROM push ups, tricep dips, and hand stand training.

10 Muscle Ups- April 3rd 2009 (Gives me two months)
-Will build my endurance along with my strength by doing various forms of pull ups that give me a wide variety of upper body development.

Thats going to be alot of work, but I know I'll be able to push myself to do that. I will be integrating these goals into my daily workouts and training sessions.

Evening

25 Push ups(Full ROM)
50 Crunches
20 Tricep dips(Full ROM)
50 Crunches
10 Pull ups
50 Crunches
25 Push ups(Full ROM)
50 Crunches
10 Skull crushers

Well folks that concludes the workout for tonight, I was definetly feeling the difference now that I'm changing to full ROM, and I had to push myself more than I usually do(which I should do more often) Now to wait 30 minutes and eat some recovery food

2/8/09

I have forgot to record some of my previous workouts.
I should keep this more up to date, like Shae

Evening

-30 Full ROM Push Ups
-15 Skull Crushers
-25 Full ROM Tricep Dips
-8 One Legged Squats (Left and Right)

-25 Full ROM Push Ups
-15 Skull Crushers
-25 Full ROM Tricep Dips
-8 One Legged Squats (Left and Right)

Wasn't too much but I felt it alright.

2/10/09

Was reading Shae's training journal and saw a post on how he pushed himself to do 300 Plant Pylo's

Now sadly to say I did not achieve the amount of Plant Plyo's, Cory and Shae did but I pushed my self, and from my numbers it shows just how much I need to improve, so I am adding a new exercise to my workout, and guess what is is?!

Plant Plyo's - Not only do I intend to do these every workout, but I intend on improving the number of Plant Plyo's I do each day, by at least 10.

I would also like to build up my cardio and start jogging once everyday if not twice everyday.

Evening

-135 Plant Plyo's (Weaksausce)
-30 Full ROM Push Ups
-15 Skull Crushers
-32 Tricep Dips (My mom didn't think I could get past 30 so I had to push )

2/15/09

Today I broke one of my goals!

-300 Plant Plyo's can be crossed off of my list, today I went ahead and took my second attempt at reaching 300 plant plyo's. It took alot of determination and even more hard work.
My legs are fried especially after the plyo's I did 200 yards of QM..

I have to give big thanks to Shae, I texted him to let him know I was gonna attempt it again, and he toold me to keep him updated, so I did. Without him telling me to push forward every time I updated him I woul not have been able to muster up the determination to go on.

SO THANKS

Finished with lots of stretching, gonna get some good restoration food, and then sleep..

2/19/09

Afternoon

I had a pretty great time, I did some precision work for a couple hours, and I'm going to start editing some footage, luckily this time the lighting will be alot better, and the scenery was beautiful, I was on the shore line of a lake the whole time.

LINK -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45zuimQWLeU&eurl=http://texasparkour.com/forum.html%3Ffunc%3Dview%26catid%3D31%26id%3D8209%26start%3D20&feature=player_embedded

Offline RandJordan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 06:31:42 PM »
2/21/09

Evening

-So tonight some of my brothers friends were going to head to a rock climbing gym, and I thought why not? its probably a great workout, AND IT WAS.

I had a blast, I started bouldering rather than working on the rec walls and had thetime of my life thanks to, two guys who were able to climb V6's in a flash. By the end of the night I had impressed them because I finished climbing 2 different V0's, 1 V1 and 1 V2.  Im completely sore, gonna get some food and call it a night.

2/23/09

-Afternoon/Evening

Today I spent my day training at the lake shore, whether I be practicing cat-pass precisions with the boulders of sandstone that had fallen off the side of a dissipating cliff side, or whether I train precisions from tree limb to tree limb. By far the most memorable moment of my training today was QM'ing to the sunset. I also toyed around with my camera for a bit.

2/24/09

Today was marvelous! And today's theme was to work with nature!

Afternoon/Evening

-Worked on my level of fluidity while over coming obstacles.
-Messed around with Tree to Tree, cat-hangs, precisions and underbars(through branches and limbs).
-Worked cat hangs with sets of boulders on the lake shore for nearly an hour and got some pretty great footage that I'm going to edit this week.

-The most tiring experience with QM I have ever completed. I did a 1/2 Mile of standard QM, but there is a catch. This QM was not only done on the rocky, old asphalt o my neighborhood, but the roads in my part of Dallas are GIGANTIC hills. And Im talking like 35 to 40 degree incline for 50 to 60 yards. Then they go down at that degree for another 50 or 60 yards. I had to conquer about 4 or 5 of these bad boys, and the last 2. Tested my will power like CRAZY!? When it was over I felt truly accomplished, despite the fact that my arms were shaking so bad I could barely eat my food let alone type.

Tonight after my homework if it isn't too late I'll do some core conditioning and upper body conditioning. I have already given my legs complete HELL.

2/25/09

Something great is happening to me, well at least I think it's pretty great! Every time I go out and train or condition to my limits I feel marvelous, every time I go and workout and set a goal, and then give it my all to where I break it, or struggle with it for 3 hours till I break it. Every time I cool down and shower then jump into my homework I just feel accomplished, feel good. I'm thinking endorphins or just my feeling a sense of accomplishment but I like it. And I'm going to start training to my fullest potential.

Afternoon-
-Jogged two miles
-QM'ed approx. 1/4 mile
-Worked on Cat-pass to Precisions
-Had a serious full body conditioning session for nearly an hour.
-Cooled down with "Solve a Problem" (A training game from Demon Drills on youtube) I had to get around the front of my brick house without touching the ground, while climbing the walls, I was inspired to do this because of Teg's video "The Antiant Man"

Offline RandJordan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 06:36:45 PM »
2/26/09

New Video Cat Hang Training
LINK -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmTlxvxqzQ&eurl=http://texasparkour.com/forum.html%3Ffunc%3Dview%26catid%3D31%26id%3D8209%26start%3D40&feature=player_embedded

3/7/09

Haha Shae it's the best way!

Evening-
Bouldering  For about 4 hours. I was pooped and i'm still re cooperating..

3/23/09

Tommorow I'm going to try training with an object. I.E. Jog with rock, Jump with rock, Throw rock up wall. Traverse wall. Continue Should be interesting, and should allow for a different type of muscle conditioning

Evening:

Jogged 2 Miles
Did some random upper body and lower body conditioning.
Finished up with some problem solving had some fun.

Re:Rand Jordan's Training Log (Comments Welcome) 2 Weeks ago    Karma: 3 

3/30/09

I would just like to apologize to my training log, for neglecting over spring break and the week following spring break because of mid-terms.

Evening

Core, Core, Core and MOAR CORE!
Upper Body

-Was a good workout did some really bizare QM techniques. Had fun!

FOR TOMMOROW:
TANTO!

4/2/2009

“Do not ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman

Movnat.com

Afternoon
-Movement Naturalle
-Fluidity through Nature
*Running through a forest that was hit by a really bad storm las year, ALOT of down fallen trees
*I found a creek bed that was about 8 feet tall on one side with thick roots sticking 3 or 4 feet out of the side and worked on vaults into underbars and other things.

*UPDATE*
It was still light out when my parents returned home, so I headed out because I didn't feel I pushed myself enough with conditioning today. After reading an article in Men's Health about MovNat (Thanks Shae for the linkie) I decided why not? after creating a kinda of course which I will get pictures of later. I did 6 laps alternating between Running with the rock and Running without the rock. Then QM'ed all the way home up and down 6 Gigantic hills that streched a half mile.

4/4/09

Was an interesting day, where I pushed myself to the limits and from that point on my willpower did the remaining workouts.

Noon

-Today I did the exact same thing as you in the entry right above, but I had an addition and a modification instead of QM'ing all the way home up the 1/2 mile of GIGANTIC HILLS, I ran sprints. Sprint to the top jog to the bottom, rinse and repeat.

-The addition to the workout was what really destroyed my body(in a good way). I found an old railroad tie someone had placed on two rocks to make a bench. This thing weighed a good 130 to 150 pounds. After sitting on the rock admiring the lake in front of me, I had a brilliant idea. Why not carry the GIANT wood all the way down to the creek through the forest and back. That will be challenging. it was around 100 to 200 yards away. Halfway through the walk with the 6 foot piece of wood resting on my shoulders, I began to lose feeling in my arms. They were burning like a mofo. I MUST push, I must succeed. I started to try and block the pain by thinking good thoughts, that helped. And I got there. The way back, was where I pushed my hardest. After resting at the creek for 4 to 5 minutes I started my journey back and realized I was never going to make it walking so I started to jog, then my arms were giving up so I began to sprint. The most tiring full body workout of my life. Everything sore, everything numb. I absolutely loved it.

ATTN: AUSTIN
I will be in your neck of the woods Easter weekend, I'm flying in a staying with friends in the Lake Travis area where I used to live. I'm interested in training with you guys and Shae while i'm in town, in fact I would probablly be bringing a few friends that might get into parkour.

Offline RandJordan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 06:40:16 PM »
4/6/09

-Afternoon
It was very cold and chilly today, despite the last weeks beautiful weather. Hopefully conditions will get better again! I ran hills, up and down, up and down.

Offline RandJordan

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
4/14/09

Today was pretty cool. I conditioned and worked fluidity in the forest with my backpack on, until I came to this nice area with some rocks and a creek where I sat enjoyed the view and took a seat to start my homework in peace and harmony.

-Ran Hills
 *For about 20 minutes
-QM
 *3 different varieties
-Dips
-Core (Sit ups)
 *Multiple varieties