Author Topic: That thing we've all (jokingly) wondered about...  (Read 15577 times)

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I dont go through walls, I'm above that.
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
Re: That thing we've all (jokingly) wondered about...
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2009, 04:34:50 PM »
I really want to run from the cops for no reason. like go up to a cop and poke him until he gets annoyed enough to chase me, and i just take off. I pretty much just picture mirror's edge, which in some sense collaborates with the superhero aspect :P
im sorry but that is the most retarded plan ever, do you seriously want to get arrested
iif your joking ok but my buddy had that same plan about 2 weeks ago and he got to spend a night in jail
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:49:37 PM by JFOX »
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-Confucius
:::====(=''')- (guitar emoticon)

Offline Jesse "Wolf" Anderson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »
I really want to run from the cops for no reason. like go up to a cop and poke him until he gets annoyed enough to chase me, and i just take off. I pretty much just picture mirror's edge, which in some sense collaborates with the superhero aspect :P
im sorry but that is the most retarded plan ever, do you seriously want to get arrested
iif your joking ok but my buddy had that same plan about 2 weeks ago and he got to spend a night in jail
Was he a traceur?

Offline Degenerate Prophet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »
About making the choice between taking a bullet for someone and letting the criminal have his way: look into a self-defense art called Krav Maga. I personally think it's the martial arts brother to parkour, because it's incredibly effiecient.

Krav Maga   is one of the most deadly martial arts in the world
so use it wisley,  you just might kill someone  if u were consumed by rage
in a fight for "self defense'

i wouldnt learn  because i would probaly abuse it   :-X

Then you should consider Aikido. :)
Take it all in stride.

Offline Human_Spider

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2009, 06:55:19 PM »
This Halloween, my friends and I (by that i mean them) are planing to dress up like ninjas and have fun around the town. However, I am going rouge and dressing as Spider-man to have my fun ;D

Offline Lydia Cloak

• Adorable Mangabey
  • Patas
  • Conquering a thousand vaults begins with a jump
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
Haha, I've considered stuff like that. Wanting to get a cop to chase me...just to see if I can out run him.

And yes I have thought about the whole superhero thing...a lot. I used to be a massive superhero junkie and wanted to be a comic book artist. The picture is of one of the superheroes I designed based around me. I may have to do a new one...without the cape. Lol. I'll probably see if I can actually make the costume for myself  ;D
Why run from the future and live in the past when you can embrace tomorrow and learn from yesterday?
April 22, 2009 - Beginning of the future
<a href="http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=17035.0>My training log[/url]

Offline Degenerate Prophet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »
Haha, I've considered stuff like that. Wanting to get a cop to chase me...just to see if I can out run him.

We must make a new ordinance, parkour NEVER gets taught to the police! They'll learn our secrets....
PARKOUR the New World Order! 8)
Take it all in stride.

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:10 PM »

And yes I have thought about the whole superhero thing...a lot. I used to be a massive superhero junkie and wanted to be a comic book artist. The picture is of one of the superheroes I designed based around me. I may have to do a new one...without the cape. Lol. I'll probably see if I can actually make the costume for myself  ;D

Yeah, it seems like the cape would just be in the way.

I spend way too much thinking about this.

...maybe that has something to do with the giant stack of comics sitting next to me on my bed right now?  Nearly 30, and I'm more into now than ever before.  ;D

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2009, 11:41:35 PM »
Haha.  One time when I was feeling especially superhero-ish, I was browsing online for possible tools that could be used and to see if there have actually been any real superheros (or close to it), I found this weird "real life superhero forum."    HAHAHAHAhahahaha.  I read some of the stuff, it was hilarious.  Very inactive though.  Someone posted a video of parkour and they started talking and saying that it would be useful.  I bet they were all either 11 year olds, or fat middle aged men.

Lets see if I can find that forum... *goes off to search*

Ok, I think I found it but I don't feel like reading through it:

http://www.therlsh.net/

Here are two more interesting links that explain it better:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/06/04/real.life.superheroes/index.html#cnnSTCPhoto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-life_superhero

Basically, they all do community service, and some people also try to stop muggings etc.  But what are the chances of seeing more than a couple of muggings a year anyways?

One guy or gal (can't remember) patrols london and finds cars that have been clamped for parking in the wrong places.  He uses some massive cutters to remove said clamp.

Yeah... 

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I dont go through walls, I'm above that.
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2009, 08:19:39 AM »
to jesse on the prev page he likes to think he is but he has no discipline whatsoever
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-Confucius
:::====(=''')- (guitar emoticon)

Offline Mike Patella

• Mangabey
  • Towson, Maryland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2009, 08:26:19 AM »

Yeah, it seems like the cape would just be in the way.
Watchmen anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKXk64G03g
0:40  The Dollar Bill
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:29:47 AM by Mike Patella »

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2009, 04:06:45 PM »
Haha.  One time when I was feeling especially superhero-ish, I was browsing online for possible tools that could be used and to see if there have actually been any real superheros (or close to it), I found this weird "real life superhero forum."    HAHAHAHAhahahaha.  I read some of the stuff, it was hilarious.  Very inactive though.  Someone posted a video of parkour and they started talking and saying that it would be useful.  I bet they were all either 11 year olds, or fat middle aged men.

Those people are frickin' classic!  I discovers "RLSH"s awhile back and ROFLMAO'd!  Gotta love TEH INTERNETS.  You can find a lot of 'em on MySpace, too.  Ridiculous.  I love how a few of 'em have blogs and months after donning a costume to "fight crime," they write about taking their first ever martial arts class.  Good call, RLSH's, good call.

There's a good comic out now that's basically about this kind of thing: kid reads comics, kid's outta shape and can't fight, but dons a costume and sets out to fight people.... then he meets a 9-yr old girl with a katana and her dad... then calamity ensues.  Good comic, it's called Kickass.

Offline Elektrik

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »
ok?

my friend and I have decided to dress up as ninjas on teh 4th of july and have a jam around town to freak ppl outjavascript:void(0);. if anyone asks what were doing well scream like foolz and chase themjavascript:void(0);