Author Topic: Parkour "business cards" ?  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Pilou

• Patas
    • View Profile
Parkour "business cards" ?
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:42:09 AM »
Hey, I was thinking of the countless times we get people to come up and ask what the hell we're doing when we're out there training and jamming, and how they end up leaving witha very fuzzy idea of what it is at best ("so, these guys are an urban acrobatics team who jump on railings called Far core or something.")

So, I came up with this idea: making "business cards" with a quick definition and some pointers to internet resources (attached). I'm not 100% sure it's a good idea, so I put it up here for comments, thoughts, objections?

Offline Bao

• Patas
  • Alan Tran
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
Re: Parkour "business cards" ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »
I know SFParkour does this. I'm not sure if it's successful or not but I bet it doesn't hurt.

Offline johnny04

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 09:46:19 AM »
When we're jamming outdoor, we're jamming in a group format so we do belong to some group. The question is whether we represent DC metro parkour? or apk?  If it's DC metro parkour, then dc metro parkour site should have a brief info page explaining what parkour is, and all our business cards should point to that.  We could have links to primal and some youtube videos, but we should have our own voice - a neutral one - unaffiliate to businesses or specific parkour branch/group/practice.  So yah, I like the idea:-)

Although if someone carries our cards and vandalizes some properties, we would have a bad name as well, but hopefully everyone in our community follows the no trace left behind and other good practices.

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »
idk if they still do it but if you go to vistaprint.com they will ship you 200 of them free you just pay shipping which is like $3 I think it's 200...

EDIT: it's 250 full color cards with 42 designs to choose from! =P
I always face north, therefore I have no guides other than my body and mind. By always facing north I am always moving forward and up, regardless of the obstacle in my path.

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:13:42 AM »
I like the idea.

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »
I have business cards. Same design, two different versions - one for my APK info, and one for my Rochester Parkour info.

They're INCREDIBLY useful. I think I got 100 cards total, and I've probably given out about half of them over the course of 8 months. It just looks so much more professional when you give them a card, versus just telling them about a website or writing it on the back of some paper.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

Offline johnny04

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09:30 AM »
I don't want us to sound like an infomercial for Primal, but the most questions we got was "where to train?"  Sometimes I just wanted to stand there and explain all the training options they have.  So if primal has business cards that include bootcamp & regular seminar schedule.  I'll be happy to give them out too.

Offline Pilou

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 02:48:27 AM »
Thanks for the comments!! I made a few and already distributed three last night while training in Bethesda :D

Offline melina

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Liteblue
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 11:41:27 PM »
This is a great idea. Like it. Do you actually implementing it?