Author Topic: Nike Brand  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Nike Brand
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:26:02 PM »
Any thoughts on Nike shoes?

I have a 50 dollar gift card and considering my next shoes being some Nikes, other then buying Feiyues  ;D

I know a lot of traceurs use the darts what are pros cons of that? Also i couldnt find those on the nike website.....

I know pkgen uses the pegasus...those are the shoes i started with im considering getting some. i guess they now have narrow, normal and wide sizings for those which sounds pretty nice....and customization :) but can anyone comment on their usage?

Also any comments on the torchs? And anyone try the nike free's?  ;D lol
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:27:45 PM by Xian. »

Offline Skills

• Patas
  • Elemental Movement
    • View Profile
Re: Nike Brand
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:06:41 AM »
nike dars are what pkgen uses and i have been using them for 3 yrs and OMG these are great
"Obstacles are found everywhere, and in overcoming them we nourish ourselves."

Offline Steve Zavitz

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »
A good friend of mine was really into the Nike Pegasuses for a while.  I think he bought three pairs in succession just because he liked them so much.  I haven't used them, but I've heard they were pretty much the original go-to shoe for traceurs before K-Swiss and 5.10 started making parkour-specific trainers.  Obviously they're a running shoe, so you'll get all the support you need.  The only drawback is that they're a little expensive.  On the other hand, I also know a lot of other guys that rock the Nike Darts.  I wouldn't say they're the end-all of shoes, but they're pretty solid.  The grip is decent, they're still designed for running and give ample support, they're relatively durable, and they're fairly cheap.  Basically, I'd say the best all-around shoe you can get for under $50 is going to be the Nike Dart.  There are some cheaper alternatives (i.e. Feiyues, really cheap Riddells or off-brand running shoes, or possibly Kalenjis if you can manage to get your hands on them), but the Darts are probably your safest and most convenient bet.

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 03:54:10 AM »
A good friend of mine was really into the Nike Pegasuses for a while.  I think he bought three pairs in succession just because he liked them so much.  I haven't used them, but I've heard they were pretty much the original go-to shoe for traceurs before K-Swiss and 5.10 started making parkour-specific trainers.  Obviously they're a running shoe, so you'll get all the support you need.  The only drawback is that they're a little expensive.  On the other hand, I also know a lot of other guys that rock the Nike Darts.  I wouldn't say they're the end-all of shoes, but they're pretty solid.  The grip is decent, they're still designed for running and give ample support, they're relatively durable, and they're fairly cheap.  Basically, I'd say the best all-around shoe you can get for under $50 is going to be the Nike Dart.  There are some cheaper alternatives (i.e. Feiyues, really cheap Riddells or off-brand running shoes, or possibly Kalenjis if you can manage to get your hands on them), but the Darts are probably your safest and most convenient bet.

The Riddle's with the circle pattern for the sole is has awesome grip! The only downside is, it's about 2 ounces heavier than "Parkour-standard" shoes. That's around 15 ounces. But the grip is amazing and it only cost 20 bucks, or at the Dunham's in Canton, 15! I highly recommend these shoes.

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »

Yo yeah I went to check them (pegasus) out at the nike store the other day and they have that hard rubber in the middle which totally is a downer :/ as for the darts, i cant find them at the nike store or the website, im guessing there just like one of the more generic nike models? i dont nessecarily need under 50 just going with a nike shoe since i already have 50 upfront.
as

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »
How do the torches compare to the darts?

Offline John Conway

• Mangabey
  • John Conway
    • View Profile
    • CouchSurfer
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »
I believe most of you know how I feel about

A. BRS 1000 Carbon Runner (Nike Torch, Clash)

B. Dart VI.

I am sticking with Dart VI's for now (because I haven't tried
any other # and the rubber is just as good/better than A.)

:)

Offline MetalPanda

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
shoxs anyone?
i rock those  ;D

Offline Will James

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile