Author Topic: Giving Advice/Diagnosis. Read first before replying to threads!  (Read 18847 times)

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
It is important to remember that this forum does NOT diagnose any condition.  It is pretty much impossible to give a complete and accurate diagnosis without:
1. seeing the patient or traceur,
2. doing tests to determine the condition,
3. being a doctor.

Any reply consisting of "I had that" or "It is this, because I have it", will be immediately bashed for:
1.  Not reading this thread
2.  Being wrong
3. Misdiagnosis and likely committing some form of malpractic, practicing medicine without a license.
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline Orpheus1356

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Giving Advice/Diagnosis. Read first before replying to threads!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »
Hey so i recently hurt my hip somehow and im gonna go get it checked out but before i see the doctor, im trying to figure out if i got it from parkour or something else i did.

when i moved to san francisco i started doing more parkour than usual.  The only high jumps i did were about 3 times from heights of about 10-15 ft.  and i rolled properly each time except once.  I was focussing more on precision jumps and wall climbs than anything else.

the injury itself: basically, its my left hip (i am a righty not a lefty) and when i lift my left leg high, or spread my legs accross a large gap or over something thats groin lever, it kind of locks up and gives me a shooting pain.

now before it started really acting up i was doing a lot of walking (i still kindof am) and i started playing soccer again (ive stopped since my hip started up).  does this sound like a parkour injury that any of u hav heard of before or is it likely because of all the walking i was/am doing.  i just need an opinion, not a professional diagnosis.  thanks a bunch

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:38:55 AM »
Stop taking big drops!

It really sounds like piriformis syndrome or some other muscle cramping. Possibly an injury. Too hard to tell.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »
do u got any outer injury or like discoloration? u should get a pic. and get that checked so u know u didnt mess anything up to bad
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/

Offline Orpheus1356

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 11:33:01 PM »
Stop taking big drops!

I don't take them that often.  maybe once or twice every week or two tops.  and i have correct form 99% of the time.  i practice on small jumps to make sure i dont mess up. 

I measured the couple drops i took, it was about 9-10 onto grass.

also, there is no outside discoloration.
if i had had to make a guess, i would say it was the joint.

but does this sound like something you guys have heard of happening before

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 05:46:39 AM »
it might be stained, get checked. n the mean time slowly strech that area or messauge it.

-also after ur better try it from the same height u got injured that way u dont build upon any mental block. so, some people wont do shit if they know its has hurt them before. ull also get use to the drop.
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/

Offline Peter19

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 02:02:13 PM »
i recently suffered from a groin injury. i have injured this same muscle before in baseball and it was diagnosed as a pulled muscle. i did not go to the doctor because of this. i would apply heat for about a hour with a heating pad on med(being careful for my package) and then strech gently. i heated before bed always to reduce the tightness and pain when i woke up, but generally these injuries are fully healed(to the point where i will train) in no less than 5 or 6 days! i am no doctor, but please becarful down there as the muscles conecting your legs to your pelvis are quite important!

Offline Orpheus1356

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »
it might be stained, get checked. n the mean time slowly strech that area or messauge it.

-also after ur better try it from the same height u got injured that way u dont build upon any mental block. so, some people wont do shit if they know its has hurt them before. ull also get use to the drop.

thanks man

Offline John

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
Lately when I do speed vaults over picnic tables or do wall runs, a certain part of my foot hurts. It's the point on the ball of my foot directly under my big toe. I realize it's because this is where I land from the vaults and that it's where my foot pushes off the wall, but am I doing it wrong? Should I try to push with the entire ball of my foot instead of just this bit? It feels like there's a bruise about an inch under my big toe, just on the ball of my foot. It goes away after I don't do anything for a day or two but it really messes with my training. Any advice or recommendations or anything like that would be appreciated a ton, thanks.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
Lately when I do speed vaults over picnic tables or do wall runs, a certain part of my foot hurts. It's the point on the ball of my foot directly under my big toe. I realize it's because this is where I land from the vaults and that it's where my foot pushes off the wall, but am I doing it wrong? Should I try to push with the entire ball of my foot instead of just this bit? It feels like there's a bruise about an inch under my big toe, just on the ball of my foot. It goes away after I don't do anything for a day or two but it really messes with my training. Any advice or recommendations or anything like that would be appreciated a ton, thanks.

The weight for the most part is going to shift towards the first ray/great toe during any type of sprinting/jumping movement

if you're having some issues with constant pain and whatnot then I would suggest you get it checked out by an orthopedic doc to rule out things
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Teresa Cross

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »
Thanks for posting such informative content. Keep posting

Offline Normamef

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Giving Advice/Diagnosis Read first before replying to threads
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 02:03:52 AM »
Well , I do agree the main reason many of the first time Debian users have problems is because they did not read much of anything before they just down load some debian iso, image, and try to install it.
 I dont think the site you are promoting would help much, but yes, definitely they should try reading some of the documentation from the Debian web site first, by dcihon ?Even the base install confuses people.

;-)