Author Topic: What to do when you don't have an abundance of time to train?  (Read 4201 times)

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: What to do when you don't have an abundance of time to train?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
you said quite f*cking talking to someone after they made a simple statement.

i deemed it unnecessarily harsh, thats all.

It means Quoted for truth

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT

hahaha shittttt, my bad.

sorry but QFT is always used on the skating forum im on as quit effing talking.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 12:11:16 AM »
Huh... oh well no worries haha. Usually when it's clear there was some sort of misunderstanding, I always try to figure that out first. Imo that's like the source of all arguments anyway... [/tangent]

Btw, imo = in my opinion ;) lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:13:26 AM by Alec Furtado »
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

b5200

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 04:34:03 AM »
Also, although imho sounds like something a poorley educated and scantily clad women on a street corner would say it means ;in my humble opinion'.

Sorry if you already knew , I just wanted to say that.

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »
i know what imo means haha.

i dont see that being confused with anything...

Lysander

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »
6:50 is my ride TO school, and i have to be there at 7:00. its a 2mile distance, so i purposely missed my ride and used that time to practice on my way. in a hurry, of course. i managed to make it only a minute late because i forgot to tie my shoes :-[

You went 2 miles in 10 minutes O.o?

Yep. 1 mile in 5.25min. I know I'm fast but I'm not THAT fast. I know people who can get there in 8min.

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »
6:50 is my ride TO school, and i have to be there at 7:00. its a 2mile distance, so i purposely missed my ride and used that time to practice on my way. in a hurry, of course. i managed to make it only a minute late because i forgot to tie my shoes :-[

You went 2 miles in 10 minutes O.o?

Yep. 1 mile in 5.25min. I know I'm fast but I'm not THAT fast. I know people who can get there in 8min.

seems highly unlikely too me, thats olympic status right there.

Offline MIG~de~PK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 04:10:42 AM »
Thank you for the replies.  I'm currently trying to cut down on extra homework time, like band, which I'm planning on dropping next year, and taking up PE.  Oh yeah, my TaeKwonDo teacher is teaching PE   ;D ;) :) :D ::)  YAY!  (I never liked practicing trumpet, anyway.  I have about 45 min. of free time every morning, but I usually use that for practicing trumpet. STUpid trumpet.  >:(  )  I just hope 45 minutes is enough...

Offline Ryan T.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 04:32:35 AM »
What do you do if you're in school and you usually don't have a lot of time to train?  I really want to be good at parkour and get into shape, but I don't want to train all evening and forget about my homework.  Should I wait until Summer to start, or will that damper my enthusiasm?  It isn't that I'm lazy or a wimp or anything, but I just don't want to sacrifice my grades right now.  Any comments or tips?  :-\ ???

Go to bed an hour earlier and get up 2 hours earlier than you currently do to train. It will only benefit your other studies. In fact you find yourself much more efficient with everything else you are trying to stay on top of.

And BTW, musical training can be just as important for ones personal development.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. - Ayn Rand

Offline meamaslimjim

• Guenons
  • "Cloud" Brusewitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 10:56:18 AM »
I agree with Ryan T. on musical training. But yes, practicing both music and Parkour can take up a lot of time.
So after quitting band, take lessons outside of school. They only take once/twice a week, and you practice on your own time. That's what I've been doing for 7 years for piano.

Also, someone suggested you should stay up all night and train... bad idea. It affects both your performance in school and parkour. Not only will your grades most likely drop, but your training will be inefficient. Sleep is very important... it's like recharging your batteries, and psychologically, it greatly helps memory (such as what you've learned from school).
Don't sacrifice sleep for parkour training. Do what some others have suggested: incorporate training in subtly in your daily life (QM to school and home, etc.)
"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." -Albert Schweitzer
My Training Log
Why are you on the computer? Get off your a** and run!

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
True eisen, but at some point in your training, you simply stop caring what other people think about what you are doing.
QFT.

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=7322.0

that was completely unnecessary. -1 for that.
I am confused why did you give a -1 he just led him to a dif tread. Or am I missing something?

Offline MIG~de~PK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
I agree with Ryan T. on musical training. But yes, practicing both music and Parkour can take up a lot of time.
So after quitting band, take lessons outside of school. They only take once/twice a week, and you practice on your own time. That's what I've been doing for 7 years for piano.

I've been doing piano for about seven years now. (Not going to quit, either.) Sorry I wasn't clear on that.