Author Topic: Denver: In 3 weeks  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
Denver: In 3 weeks
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:43:06 PM »
If some remeber, I posted a topic while back saying I'm going to Denver. I'm gonna be there for 4 days. I've got a list of these places to go:
Cat Fountain
Sakura Park
Boulder, Co various hotspots
Red Rocks Park, Boulder
Red Rocks Park, Morrison
REI climbing store in Denver
16th street mal
Golden Gate State Park (maybe)
Roxborough State park (maybe)
Cats Gym, Boulder (probably)
APEX Gym!, probably gonna be there Saturday 12am-2pm for open gym.
I'd like some additional suggestions of places to visit! Any awesome Pk spots not mentioned on the Hotspots map maybe?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:53:53 PM by Wenxin "Airzn" Yang »

Offline Bao

• Patas
  • Alan Tran
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
Re: Denver: In 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
Perhaps Ryan's new gym? Grand opening is the 11th, so you'll be there a week after.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:25:31 PM »
Yeah definitely see Cat Fountain/Skyline Park. While you're there, stop by APEX Movement, Denver's new parkour gym. It's only 6 blocks from Cat Fountain. Sakura Square got mostly torn down. Red Rocks Amp is also phenomenal (its the only good parkour spot in Morrison). There's a bunch of good places in Boulder. I live there so contact me if you want to meet up.

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 04:26:27 AM »
What's the address for apex movement? And any other places that'd be cool to visit within 30 minutes of driving starting at skyline park? MY hotel is right next to it ;D

Offline Jordan Lerner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
for sure. we always need more people to come out in boulder (that was a hint to everyone, not just Ryan). word.
"Parkour: shift the way you move."

"LET IT BE KNOWN THAT OREGON PARKOUR IN NO WAY SUPPORTS ACCIDENTALLY DROPPING BABIES OUT OF THE WOMB DURING CAT LEAPS" - Stuuuuu

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:25:25 AM »
would you be able to just do parkour almost everywhere in boulder or is there specific hotspots?

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »
What's the address for apex movement? And any other places that'd be cool to visit within 30 minutes of driving starting at skyline park? MY hotel is right next to it ;D

Definitely!

Apex is about 5 blocks away, and there are tons of good spots around the city. Pretty much just start walking down a street and you are bound to find something pretty decent at least.

You can meet us at cat fountain someday when we are jamming and just kinda follow us around, we will  make sure you see the good spots.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »

Definitely!

Apex is about 5 blocks away, and there are tons of good spots around the city. Pretty much just start walking down a street and you are bound to find something pretty decent at least.

You can meet us at cat fountain someday when we are jamming and just kinda follow us around, we will  make sure you see the good spots.
Awesome, I updated the list and how much does it cost for apex movement? Also, is there like so many traceurs in Denver that you pretty much see them all the time. Cause that what I'm starting to think

Offline Jordan Lerner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 02:32:38 PM »
would you be able to just do parkour almost everywhere in boulder or is there specific hotspots?
mostly in the area around CU. there are some nice spots on Pearl street and 29th street, but people get mad... >:(

"LET IT BE KNOWN THAT OREGON PARKOUR IN NO WAY SUPPORTS ACCIDENTALLY DROPPING BABIES OUT OF THE WOMB DURING CAT LEAPS" - Stuuuuu

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »
mostly in the area around CU. there are some nice spots on Pearl street and 29th street, but people get mad... >:(
of people doing parkour? They maybe disapproving, but mad? That's kinda weird

Offline Jordan Lerner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 05:51:20 PM »
i dunno. maybe annoyed is a better word. usually it's crowded on pearl, but if you pick the right time of day, it can be good.

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 06:12:26 PM »
APEX Movement is at 2250 Lawrence St and Open Gym is $10. Other info is at http://www.apexmovement.com/ :D Sorry, Ryan, beat you to it!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:20:00 PM by Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva »

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »
actually, open gym is $10. if you're going to beat me to it, get it right!! :P

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
Oh, I stand corrected. I thought open gym was 15... Did you guys change that or was I always wrong?

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »
Cant wait to jam with ya man!!

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »
Cant wait to jam with ya man!!
I'm gonna be at Denver April 17th-20th. I'll drop by Apex, but is open gym everyday or is there a set schedule, cause when I went on the website, the open gym link didn't do anything. If not, I might do a drop in. It's more likely for my to drop by at night, cause I want to get some sight seeing through. Red Rocks is high on my list.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:38:31 AM by Wenxin "Airzn" Yang »

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
Apex open gym is 7-9 PM mon thursday and friday though that time might be different friday. saturday open gym is 12-2 i believe.

You defintely have to jam cat and precision fountain with us and the rest of the sick spots all over denver! Red rocks is great I would love to have a jam up there as well, along with CU boulder!

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »
Apex open gym is 7-9 PM mon thursday and friday though that time might be different friday. saturday open gym is 12-2 i believe.

You defintely have to jam cat and precision fountain with us and the rest of the sick spots all over denver! Red rocks is great I would love to have a jam up there as well, along with CU boulder!
I'd love to, but someone's gotta lead me around. I'd have to have my parents drive me around, though too. Man there is a billion things I want to see in Colorado. Hell, I'd totally live there when I grow up.

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
Okay man well you said your hotel is on skyline park there is one right in front of cat fountain is that the one? we will just meet with you there on the 17th and show you all the sick spots my friend!

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 02:51:13 AM »
Okay man well you said your hotel is on skyline park there is one right in front of cat fountain is that the one? we will just meet with you there on the 17th and show you all the sick spots my friend!
It's on the intersection of 15th street and Arapahoe.