Author Topic: Parkour to relieve stress/anxiety  (Read 11263 times)

Offline DistortedTruth

• Patas
  • The wannabe admin...and the lovable posting whore
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour to relieve stress/anxiety
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 02:41:53 AM »
Lol, yeah...its kinda hard to talk while you're constantly breathing heavily, lol.
The world is our playground.  PK.
-Nick

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 03:19:40 AM »
Jeez, you ARE another excessive poster. Perhaps some more physical practice and less posting will help you relieve your stress...

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline Olloth Kenson

• Guenons
  • 1:52 away from Hell says mapquest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 06:52:30 AM »
Yeah I had a portable CD player, and a big bag of sun chips. (And plenty of money, enough to get arbys the nect morning.) I only had like two CD's but it was better than nothing. I wouldn't have gone that far in a day if it wasn't in the fall. I couldn't get to sleep when it was cold on the ground, I had to ride my bike to keep warm. Then I took a cat nap in some weeds when it was warm out, and that was enough for me, I had myself already pushed so far that I only needed a little sleep and I was fine again. I left at 11 PM and made it there at 7PM the next day. Well, about that anyway. I don't know for sure I didn't have a watch.

But yeah.. heh... it definitly put things in perspective for me. I'm much more laid back now.
Tricks aren't parkour but I'm not always faithful.

Offline wgross05

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 08:23:06 PM »
wow. 20 hours is incredible. i like riding my bike obscene distances and when i tell my parents where i am, they freak out :). anyways, i love working out to relieve stress. especially running as it releases some chemical into your body that is like a natural high. and its hard to be stressed out in that fatigued state. i really want to try that 20 hours of bike riding idea.
If youre not living on the edge, your taking up too much space.
-no clue

Offline Saint

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Bullet with butterfly wings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 07:41:43 PM »
I find parkour an excellent method for relieving stress. I usually try not to consciously do anything extremely ambitious or practice a new technique, because if I fail, well, that only stresses me out more. But certainly, driving all that angry energy and adrenalin out in this way doesn't harm anyone and really only helps me to regain control of myself (with the added bonus of a good workout). Runner's high is also a lovely little fringe benefit.
Stand by me, young one, for I can show you the secrets of sky and bird. Be brave: look to the sky.