Author Topic: Conditioning you can do while sitting down at a desk?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
Conditioning you can do while sitting down at a desk?
« on: March 11, 2009, 02:39:51 PM »
Well I was at school today, and for 4 periods, I pretty much just sat and did absolutely nothing because it was a "listen-to-a-talker-at-the-front-of-the-room-day". I just kept thinking all day, what could I condition while sitting here doing nothing?

So what are some exercises you do at your desks? I know ankle conditioning and L-sits are one thing, but what else? Doesn't matter how absurd they can get, I just need ideas. :)
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Corndogg

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • SF Parkour
Re: Conditioning you can do while sitting down at a desk?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »
Tense up your muscles, hold, then release slowly.  You can do pretty much every body part this way.  Maybe buy a grip strength thing or a ball and squeeze it to work out your forearms.

Just make sure you aren't red in the face and grunting during class, else people may get the wrong idea  :P
SF Parkour // SFPK - | Website | Forum | YouTube |
Serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:04 PM »
I should get one of those 50lb resistance grips for the people who rock climb. Gonna get some stares though  ;)

Offline TR

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »
Just make sure you aren't red in the face and grunting during class, else people may get the wrong idea  :P

ahahaha

Yeah, tensing/flexing the muscles will work, help build a stronger MMC (Mind-Muscle Connection) as well as condition them just to be harder. You can try doing something like calf raises and flexing your calfs at the top, the grip things is a good idea, I did that for a while but it's kind of weird hahaha.

berky93

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »
I always do ankle exercises under my desk - put your foot so its resting on your heel, with your toes at about a 45 degree angle. place your other heel onto the bottom joint of your toes, in the same position. now raise and lower your bottom foot, using your top foot as resistance. I do those all day, they're great.

Offline Dan Frank

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formless, shapeless, like water.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 12:46:13 PM »
I always do ankle exercises under my desk - put your foot so its resting on your heel, with your toes at about a 45 degree angle. place your other heel onto the bottom joint of your toes, in the same position. now raise and lower your bottom foot, using your top foot as resistance. I do those all day, they're great.

It's not really conditioning, but I like to do exercises and articulation with my left hand. I want to be somewhat ambidextrous for both parkour and guitar. I also stretch my legs sometimes if I have enough room, and I also do dips and l-sits occasionally (just not in the middle of class, usually at the beginning or end when everybody's not just sitting there quietly.)
Dedication is the basis of success in all things. The achievement of one's goals will ensue naturally if one is dedicated.