Author Topic: HIpk Hike - Maunawili Falls  (Read 698 times)

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
HIpk Hike - Maunawili Falls
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
Sup guys, so for feb we had two jams one of which we decided to make it a hike. Here are the highlights of what got on film. Didnt do any of the going up filming but got some fun shoots of the way down.

Something to keep in mind about this terrain is the amount of rocks and mud there is, making it a challenge to run smoothly without braking an ankle. We manage to have a good time and preserve all of our limbs intact, always a good thing. ;)

The hike is only a mile and a half to the falls. We stopped here and there for some basic movnat and some random training. The falls as you can see was the funnest part of it. The way down was probably a record breaker. Hope I can tale some of you there some time.

Anyway, here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6P-OXqZzOI

p.s, we need a head cam badly!!!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
Re: HIpk Hike - Maunawili Falls
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
Haha Roxy is so awesome. This is sick! I gotta start doing some of that here...

Btw, you make it up to the Pali?
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Axiom Parkour

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Axiom Parkour
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:49:40 PM »
So I had watched the video yesterday, and today at lunch time today, I still could not believe that that is where you guys train.  I won't believe that places that surreal exist on Earth.  It's just absurd.    I don't know if you guys appreciate it daily or not, because I don't know you, but how fortunate all of you are down there to have a place like that to express yourself in.  This post may be a little too gushy, but when I see a place like that, and it's not in a professional movie, I just go gaga.

My feelings could possibly be this strong because the snow is beginning to melt up here in the good ole Wisconsin, and I just want to be outside again, and know what grass feels like again...

Very nice video and as always, Roxy is ridiculous.  I don't believe in people or animals having past lives as someone or something else, but Roxy makes me doubt that.
Greater together than we can ever be apart.

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 02:57:41 PM »
Yeah bro, it is something we are starting o do more often, we dont take advantage of it as much as we should. We have another hike on the 15th I cant wait for.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi