Author Topic: Steve's Training Log (Pave_the_Planet)  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Pave_the_Planet

• Guenons
  • Spread my wings like a condor
    • View Profile
Steve's Training Log (Pave_the_Planet)
« on: February 26, 2009, 03:51:34 PM »
Today was an off day for me. I woke up pretty late, and met my dad for lunch. I had a huge salad and a pizza. Wasn't exactly the best way to start a workout day off, but I don't spend much time with my dad. Also, I was a little apprehensive of doing any workouts today at all due to my wrist being in a lot of pain last night. It felt significantly better today though. I was also feeling very unmotivated to do anything today, not sure if this was from the pizza I ate earlier or because of stress from school. Anyway, here's my schedule for today.

Warmup:
Did some stretching and a fast paced jog through part of my neighborhood. (Note to self: Do not wear jeans again while jogging)

Workout:

-Started out with 2 sets of 10 weight squats. Been using a 20 pound weight for these. Definitely feeling the burn.
-20 Russian Twist sit ups.
-Two sets of 5 push ups. Been doing the variation with my hands by my hips.
-10 Jump squats
-3 pull ups. This is where I'm facing a lot of annoyance. I've been barely able to pull off 4 whole pull ups on a good day. This may be due to me having to use my door for pull ups until I get set up some rings. <---Hella ghetto.
-36 second frog stance followed by another 24 second frog stance. I've seen drastic improvement in a very short time with this one. Last week I was barely able to get 20 seconds.
-4 "half" Pistol Squats. Not quite able to go all the way down and back up yet, but I've been going down half way on each leg before losing form.
-50 second planks on each side.
-5 Dips
-5 Tuck jumps with silent landings.

Like I said earlier, today felt like an off-day. Normally on workout days I have my workouts planned out, and I'm able to do them all smoothly. But today I was really unmotivated and had to push myself through each set. I'm not sure if this is over training, a simple off-day, or just part of the "curve" of working out.

I may go for another light jog later tonight, as well as work on my rolls.

Foooood:
Had a personal pizza and a huge salad from Round Table today. This isn't a regular occurrence. Also had a few glasses of whole milk (trying to work up to half a gallon a day for the time being). I've also been snacking on various nuts through out the day. I'm about to make a late lunch of marinated Ahi Tuna and rice. Later tonight I'll make a large salad with chicken sausages. I also have a glass of Wheybolic protein shake. It's essentially 60g of whey protein.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:01:38 PM by Pave_the_Planet »

Offline Pave_the_Planet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Steve's Training Log (Pave_the_Planet)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »
Workout:
-10 Weighted Squats
-5 "Diamond" Push ups with my feet elevated 1 foot
Rest
-10 Weighted Jump Squats
-5 "Hip" Push Ups
Rest
-5 attempted Pistols Squats on each leg. I say attempted because I am still unable to go all the way down and up without bracing myself on something.
-5 Plyometric Push ups
Rest
-5 Pull ups. Woo! Finally forced myself up to 5!
-5 Dips
Rest
45 second Frog stance
40 second plank on each side
Rest
-15 Leg Lifts
-20 Russian Twists

Food:
3 Scrambled eggs with cheese.

This is horrible low for me, especially on a work out day. But I'm pretty much out of food for the moment except for the Tuna steak I'm about to cook up.

Also been drinking this protein stuff called Wheybolic that I got at GNC. It has 280 calories, like 2 or 3 carbs and 60g of protein per serving. I have one everyday: post-workout on workout days, and first thing in the morning on rest days.

New Goals:
-Do 10 rolls on both sides every day till I have it down perfect.
-Increase my  standing broad jump technique. And distance by at least 6 inches. (I'm sure this one will come in time as I increase my strength.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:57:47 PM by Pave_the_Planet »

Offline Pave_the_Planet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:32:15 PM »
Training today was essentially the same as last time. I didn't do planks today, and I mixed up the push ups. Also worked on my rolls. I have it pretty much perfect on my right shoulder (I just need to get used to rolling), but on my left it's a lot harder. Gonna keep on working on it.

I've been facing some mental blocks about training. I'm not really seeing any results. I know that it takes a while of consistent training, but it's just one of those things that's been bothering me. I'm going to just keep pushing through it.

Food today so far has been small (again). I really need to sit down and make a list of a weeks worth of food so that I have it all planned out, and I don't have to spend a long time trying to throw something together. I ate 4 eggs and some tater tots today. Probably not the best, but like I said, there isn't a whole lot of food in my house. I've been drinking a ton of milk though. Dinner tonight is going to be some sort of salmon dish.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
Dude, 60g of whey is going to go to waste if you consume it all at one time without anything else.  I highly suggest that if you stick to the whey supplement you consume it in smaller quantities (30g at a time with other foods) to slow the absorption....

Also, PWO the most enjoyable and really beneficial drink is chocolate milk...so i suggest doing that as opposed to a super-rich protein supplement.  It will pay off better.

Offline Pave_the_Planet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »
I usually have it a meal after I work out.

Offline Pave_the_Planet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 09:31:26 PM »
Didn't do a workout today. SFPK does a thing called  Get Out And Train Day. So I did that. Was my second day of actually parkour practicing and I was able to do several full kongs. I'm pretty stoked.

Food today was a bunch of chicken and lean burger patties through out the day with fruits and veggies. And milk lulz.

Offline Pave_the_Planet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 12:13:14 PM »
It's been a few days. Took the weekend off. Also did a full hour and a half or so of parkour on Monday. I'm getting a lot better at kongs, and can almost do a picnic table length-wise. Probably gonna start conditioning back up tomorrow.

My food intake is a little better,too. Last night for dinner I had a lean buffalo burger patty with a salad and milk. Breakfast today was 4 eggs with polenta and some milk.