Author Topic: Please remove Special Characters from your usernames.  (Read 33306 times)

Offline Lars

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Please remove Special Characters from your usernames.
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Any reason I'd need to edit mine? I almost always use underscores - too many systems can handle those better than spaces. :-) Cheers!

Moose

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:43 AM »
Do these slashes count? I only have them because shane is already taken.
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land

Offline Rebecca Myers

• Mangabey
  • Can you hear me up there? (miniPK)
    • View Profile
    • iPK
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »
They count.
I have this image of a tidal wave appearance from like 50 Traceurs and Traceuses doing PK from one end of a mall to the other. t'would be epic
Kyle(Rage)
iPK
Roof Police.
"Not now chief, I'm on the f****** roof."

Offline /shane/

• Mangabey
  • Parkour is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
Well what if I don't mind not getting PM's? I don't think the name confusion applies because it's pretty obvious my name is shane, what's the big deal?
A state of mind when you are performing a physical movement that is neither too simple or too complex. Your focus rules out all other mental processes, your mind has no time for words, worries, or distractions. There is only timing, spatial awareness, and the feeling of satisfaction as you land

Offline scott

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 09:45:13 AM »
man now i gotta re-re-edit my name lolz thats what 2 secs from my rest day
Any sound can shake the air, my voice shakes the heart. Any tree can drop an apple, but I'll drop the freakin moon.

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 10:18:17 AM »
is __ a special character?
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline Jordan Bates

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »
^Yeah underscores are

___

I never knew of this. Would the slashed o in my name count? I can't imagine that being a problem but yeah.  :-\

Offline source

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • hi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
Got rid of the apostrophe on my name. Wow, didn't even realize that PMs are impossible with special characters.

Offline CherylHiz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Please remove Special Characters from your usernames
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 05:46:57 AM »
Might be there to prevent choppy water from flying into the boat...He could have probably found a way to outfit a pod-like extension to the splash guard, but this might do as well.

Offline CherylHiz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2019, 07:40:35 PM »
Hi,

Im trying to find a way to get puddletag to automatically remove or replace certain special characters when Tag->File.  I have some mp3s with "<" and ">" which are not in the set of those automatically removed by puddletag, so they are still there when I Tag->File, but when I backup with rsync these files wont be copied because of the "<" and ">" characters.  I there a way to implement the automatic removal with some ifsomething in the pattern I use?  Thanks

Federico

Offline CherylHiz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2019, 09:33:14 AM »
Hi,

Im trying to find a way to get puddletag to automatically remove or replace certain special characters when Tag->File.  I have some mp3s with "<" and ">" which are not in the set of those automatically removed by puddletag, so they are still there when I Tag->File, but when I backup with rsync these files wont be copied because of the "<" and ">" characters.  I there a way to implement the automatic removal with some ifsomething in the pattern I use?  Thanks

Federico

Offline Nancypiz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2019, 05:47:34 PM »
bootrec /fixmbr is the right way.
I dont know why it fail.
Be sure that only one harddisk and no USB-Memory is in the system to modify the right MBR.

Gernot

Offline Paulinelurry

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2019, 08:45:10 AM »
Hi,

Federico

Offline Joannbow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2019, 08:07:05 AM »
Hi,

Federico

Offline Kathrynpem

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
Hi,

Federico

Offline Candiceesoma

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2019, 12:09:01 AM »
Hi,

Federico