Author Topic: Sacroiliac Joint Inflammation  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Sacroiliac Joint Inflammation
« on: May 30, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »
Well I was just diagnosed with this. It is basically inflammation around the joint where your spine connects to the pelvis. You have one on each side and usually only one is problematic. It is extremely painful to twist/bend/straighten out in the wrong way. My doctor told me to take 2 advil 3 times a day for 2 weeks and it should improve. If it doesnt, I will need to go back for x rays and stuff.

Anyone else had this problem? Any advice or suggestions? It seems like a pretty rare injury so I doubt anyone on here has had it, but I thought it was worth a try.

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Sacroiliac Joint Inflammation
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 03:55:15 AM »
I've had back problems in the past.  All I can say is . . . do exactly what the doctor says and do not try and do more than has been advised.  Once your back goes it's tough to do more than lay down and sit down.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:47:01 AM »
I still expect a drill of the month!  >:(

haha j/k man

but yea, i haerd about something that sounded like that joint before, and apparently like if you screw it up you could die. but i probably have no idea what i'm talking about. i'll ask him again when i get a chance.

Steez

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 07:25:18 AM »
ooh thats way too bad demon, be very careful with back voodoo.  its the bad kind.

good luck on your recovery, the worst i've ever had is some minor runners and jumpers knee, and a bad case of shin splints right at the start of track, nothing that severe.

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 07:59:58 AM »
Good Luck bro and I wish you a fast recovery!
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 05:42:40 PM »
hey demon :).  sounds like a standard "CAT 2" issue.  well, it could be some other things, but the SI joint is actually between the sacrum and illium.... therefore the SI.  anyway, inflamatioin is a basic response to your bones getting knocked up between that space.  when i go back to colorado, im pretty sure i can fix most of it for you :)
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.