Author Topic: I jumped off a (blank) and now my (blank hurts), now what?  (Read 28708 times)

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 06:39:48 AM »
Lol.

Offline Klope3

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: I jumped off a (blank) and now my (blank hurts), now what?
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 06:00:53 PM »
Yeah, it's a somewhat old thread, but it's also stickied. So I hope it's okay that I post.

I'm a little confused. Dropping without rolling is a WHOLE lot different from dropping with rolling. As everyone knows, the point of rolling is to distribute the force of the landing across your whole body. So just because of physics, rolling (correctly) is going to put much less force on each part of the body than just a straight landing from the same height.

It doesn't seem right to make no distinction between the two landing techniques in terms of safety (especially because one isn't even a technique). Am I totally wrong here?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Goals for 2013:
-Fix Backflip
-Fix Frontflip
-Clean Webster
-Kick the Moon/Flash Kick
-Flow!

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »
Yes, landings can be detrimental if your body is not ready for them regardless of what the technique used is.

Obviously, we recommend rolling (if possible) but it can still cause injuries
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »
The idea is that you want to always diminish the forces entering your body.  Very few people I've seen, even experienced traceurs, are able to CONSISTENTLY apply the roll in a safe manner.  Thus, why damage your body if there is a more controlled way down?
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.