Author Topic: "New"  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Zooomz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
"New"
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:22:27 PM »
Well, this is my first time posting on the forums even though I haven been a member since July (technically I couldn't get on the forums until a couple of weeks ago). Mainly, I've been a lurker on the forums and main site, but I've been interested in Parkour for months and I guess, I'm starting my real training as a traceur now.

Well, see you all around the forum! ;D

Offline Dan Frank

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formless, shapeless, like water.
    • View Profile
Re: "New"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:53:39 PM »
You sound like me; I lurked for a while too. (But there was also a good period where I didn't touch the APK website.) I also dabbled with parkour a bit, for several months (like, nine or something, actually. I ) That's why I have no idea what to say if anyone asks how long I've been training. I didn't start real training until just before the weather got cold, which didn't really turn out great cuz I can't train now (freezing rain sucks.)

So anyway, my advice to you is to get comfortable with your body and moving your body, and then move on to technique practice.
Dedication is the basis of success in all things. The achievement of one's goals will ensue naturally if one is dedicated.

Offline Zooomz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: "New"
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 03:57:16 PM »
I think I'll just try to spend the rest of the winter conditioning and forking on landings/rolls. I've done some other parkour-like stuff, but nothing that counts as serious training. Thanks for the advice.