Author Topic: Headed to DC and Need a Place to Live  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Joshua B.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Headed to DC and Need a Place to Live
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
Just got notified that I was accepted to an internship with Congress and am now looking for a place to live for several months. Can anyone help me or suggest a place to live in and around congress from where I could take the transit from, it would be much appreciated. Something already having some furnishing would be opportune since I am traveling from Florida. Let me know if any of you know of anything, thanks a lot. Hopefully I will be up there with all of you soon enough. Thanks again.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
-Isac Asimov

Offline Jaydeez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Headed to DC and Need a Place to Live
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
try craigslist or facebook

Offline Blackhand

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »
CONGRESS? your a politian! betta be rich$ ;D

Offline Joshua B.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:51:57 PM »
CONGRESS? your a politian! betta be rich$ ;D

::)

Let me repeat; an Internship in congress.  Hah. I am just looking for a place to stay or if anyone knows of something for several months. Thanks.
-Isac Asimov

Offline Aaron Neale

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »
you might want to be more specific about how many months, and what not? I mean I'm sure people are willing to put you up for a little while but several months is a long time.

Offline Terry McIntosh

• Patas
  • Tear It Up Terry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »
give us all the specifics. also know that what you are asking for and where you are asking to live will cost you a ton. However, you can move further out and still take metro ( metro= d.c. subway), we all do that. let us know.
I like to touch different kinds of surface textures.
Parkour lets me do that without feeling weird.

Offline Joshua B.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 10:36:45 PM »
I'm looking into the area of 3-4 months stay time with a place to move in with someone. I don't mind a commute by the metro as long as I can get to it feasibly from wherever I live. The offices where I will do work are over on Capital Hill and I do not need to be living in walking distance of it. It is also necessary to have furnishings since I currently live in Florida and I would be hard pressed to move much up there. So in response, yes I don't mind moving further out as long as I can get to a metro line I will be fine. On the pricing scale, I am not looking for anything much more expensive than 600 a month. So naturally this budget would push me further from Capital Hill, which is by no means a issue. I hope that clears some things up, I was still in a excited state when I wrote the first posting. Thanks again.

-Josh
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:48:43 PM by Joshua B. »
-Isac Asimov

Offline Joshua B.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 05:45:20 PM »
Well I am pretty sure I found a place out in DC. Thanks for any and all help. If all goes well I will be up there before Inauguration and I am looking forward to getting to know some of you and practicing some parkour.  8)
-Isac Asimov

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
Let me know if you still need a place. My mom's got a place in Crystal City (right on top of yellow line metro) and she's out of the country until late March. So you could stay there until then, and hopefully the 2 months will buy you some time to search elsewhere :) my email is leon@americanparkour.com. It could be done fairly cheap too, 300-500$ per month, completely furnished, internet tv etc!
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Joshua B.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 05:47:56 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but I have found a place to reside in while I am there. Right now I am just looking forward to meeting any or all of you and some good times. I don't know anyone up in DC so this is a new experience for me.
-Isac Asimov