Author Topic: Getting Serious in Boulder  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
Getting Serious in Boulder
« on: May 19, 2006, 03:43:30 PM »
Ok listen up us traceurs in boulder need to get our stuff together.  With Demon in golden we do not really have anyone organizing anything in boulder really.  I propose we get serious.  If you are interested please post below with any ideas for times to meet so on so forth.  I would like to set up something pretty steady and I think that there are others out there also. maybe we could all meet at the engineering building of CU (Demons advice) and introduce ourselves and come up with some ideas.  Please post if you can make it so I can have an idea of how many people are coming.  If the location is bad just suggest a new one  Thank you.

If you have questions or would like to contact me do so at sss1036#gmail.com (replace # with @)  or my instant messaging satsantokh1036 also post your contact info

Offline Nico!

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Venot Photo
Re: Getting Serious in Boulder
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 10:54:34 AM »
good idea, i'm intrested.

Offline soar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:53:29 AM »
Good morning!  Yea, finally getting serious, sorry it took so long to reply.  I'm down with getting a more solid Boulder scene going.

Engineering building sounds like a great place to meet.  When?  I'm free during most week days, and am busy most nights, and weekends are tricky.

How about we shoot for this coming Wednesday (June 7th) sometime in the morning, maybe 10ish?  Can anybody make it?  If not, propose another time.

I propose that we talk a little about ideas, the do some stuff.  If Sat Santokh and Nico! can make it, it would be great to go over the basics (particularly rolls for me).  Not only can you never get enough of the basics, but I totally doofed and missed the jam last weekend.

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:14:06 AM »
Hi um I won't be able to do it on wednesday morning but maybe sometime friday.  Also on friday if we wanted to we could go to the open gym at cats.  Maybe we could do that after doing some training at the engineering building.  The cats might be a little harder to arrange because its at night though so I don't know how that would work for you but we should keep brainstorming.

Offline Nico!

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Venot Photo
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »
I think Friday the 9th at arround 10 in the morning arround the enginereing building would work. I know that i couldent really help with the basics (i can't speak for Sat) but maybe if an experianced traceur came that would be willing to help. We really should get a boulder thing going though. i forgot to mention my contact info.

e-mail: telenicoeeee@gmail
AIM: telenico

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:05:41 PM by Nico! »

Offline soar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 07:59:14 PM »
Could we go later in the afternoon?  I'm not free until 2pm or later I'm afraid...

Dano!

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:24:48 PM »
Um yeah I think that would work for me.

Offline Essie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Essie Snell – Magician
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 10:17:20 PM »
Just about any time would work for me...

Offline Nico!

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Venot Photo
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 05:21:54 AM »
Yeah I can pretty do it around any time, but i'll need to ask arround to see what time people can go. But ill for arround 2, Soar. or would thurstay work for anyone? im free on thurs from 10:45 onwards
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:24:39 AM by Nico! »

Offline soar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 12:52:15 PM »
How about both Thursday @ 11am AND Friday @ 2pm?  Thursday can be more informal, whoever can make it can make it.  Friday we'll talk a little more about getting things cooking.  How's that sound?

I'm not quite sure where the engineering building is... is it by Pluto?  If y'all know where Pluto is how about we meet there?

Just to be clear I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've got a pretty good relationship with my body, I've watched some vids, I've been doing the WODs, and have an idea of some basic stuff I'd like to start trying.  No biggie to me if we don't have an advanced person on hand, I like to explore.  (...and I still haven't given up eeking some of the newbie jam material out of y'all :)

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 01:41:22 PM »
Um I am not sure if I will be able to be there thursday but friday will definitely work for me.  I will be able to help you with some of the stuff.  Fitness is definitely one of the more important things.  So I'll tell you tommorow I think if I'll make it on thursday.  I also don't really think that anybody would be able to make it thursday because they have finals.

Offline Nico!

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Venot Photo
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 08:14:05 PM »
Ok so here are the dates, i have posted them on the BHS myspace bullitan board so  the times and dates are pretty much inflexible at this point. Anyways, here it is

Thursday the 8th of june @ 11am, meet arround the Planeterium. this is the mroe informal date. i think we will pretty much be scouting for good places.

Friday the 9th of june @ 2pm, meet Infront or on the east side of Mackey auditorium. <--- we are aiming for more people for this day so that newer Traceurs can get help and etc.

Please e-mail me at Telenicoeeee@gmail.com if you are going, and if you are bringing any one with you so that i have an idea of how many people are coming. I would also appreciate it if you told me what day you were plannign on.

Hope to see everyone there,

Nico
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:08:24 PM by Nico! »

Offline Nico!

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Venot Photo
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 01:02:01 PM »
only one person came today. hopefully there will be more tommorow.

Offline nub

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • float.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 09:00:45 PM »
argh. i keep missing um. now what is today anyway? no. forget that. we need to set another date. sometime soon i hope. also i just moved in from Chicago. i have no idea where the engineering building is at. i know where the campus is though, and i know some of it by sight, but the rest is all mumbo jumbo. hem. hem. i do say i need a little help.
nub~a~nation.