Author Topic: How has parkour affected you?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Bear hunter-3rd in command
    • View Profile
How has parkour affected you?
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »
I was always (very) social before I started parkour. Now that I am training seriously, I like to be alone, mostly because what I do is something you do alone.

Offline Zach Hu Zerdaty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur for life.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: How has parkour affected you?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:19:40 AM »
i agree to an extent. some days i go out and just train alone and verry seriously, but i still hang out whith friends, my friends mean more than parkour does to me, but there verry close, i do however have to say, the one way parkour has changed me to most, is the way i see he world around me. I always see the oportunity, the flow.
Peace - Zach Hu Zerdaty.

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »
And I'm so able to stretch out.....I am so relaxed but there are so many unanswered questions I have.

Offline PKAB

• Mangabey
  • Do a Barrel Roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:38:17 PM »
Its inspired me to exercise. Im like the only kid in my grade with a training journal and when people ask others what they do after school they say "i play video games have a snack do my homework eat dinner and go watch tv till i fall asleep". I answer "i do my homework, change into my workout clothes, plan my workout, exercise, update my log, take a shower, eat a salad and have a protein drink and stretch till i chech my email and post on here till i go to bed. Then they just look at me weird when i say that.
Perfection is a flaw.

Offline Josh Wright

• Hirundo Rustica
  • A world is out there to explore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 05:08:45 AM »
It has overall changed my lifestyle. I look at my environment different, as well, and see more opportunity than just an average railing or wall. It has changed me physically because I have changed my diet, exercise about 4 times a week, and I have done things when I go training that I never have even dreamed of being able to do!

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 07:15:09 AM »
it has changed me because its my life  ::) :D :P
Go outside already!!

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 12:51:26 PM »
Its changed my lifestyle and how I view things. I'm actually alot happier too. I look at the environment different, as I see opportunity's as to where you could vault and so on. I also see how certain things flow.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »
I see things as "I will," not "I can't."

Offline Mitch Hamilton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 06:44:13 PM »
Parkour has changed me to have a alot more courage and confidence in myself and what I am doing, Instead of thinking I can never do this, I see myself actually doing it.

JC*

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »
Its changed my lifestyle and how I view things. I'm actually alot happier too. I look at the environment different, as I see opportunity's as to where you could vault and so on. I also see how certain things flow.

U basically took the words right out of my mouth  :o

Offline jmorales

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »
       Parkour is one of the most significant things currently in my life. Parkour has changed my mental and physical health. I feel more at peace with the natural environment and man made architecture. Periodical resting during training sessions led to more deep meditation where I can be enlightened. It is a great feeling to sit back and enjoy the simpler parts of life where another non athlete would be oblivious or numbed to. The gentle breeze as it evaporates your sweat. Or the ambient sounds of trees and nature itself. Parkour’s effect on my physical shape has been phenomenal. I have never been in better shape of my life. It has motivated me towards a healthier lifestyle while also helping me to realize other reasons to be healthy. I have more control of my body, coordination, and balance. I take notice constantly on how my body in functioning even at rest and walking. I have also realized what I can and cannot do. I think in a more positive manner, where I strive to achieve goals. What I realized I cannot do, I strive to accomplish it. I know that in a time of need, I would be able to escape using more obscure paths at my heightened physical fitness.
   I would suggest to all, find your passion and stick with it.

Offline Zach Hu Zerdaty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur for life.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »
       Parkour is one of the most significant things currently in my life. Parkour has changed my mental and physical health. I feel more at peace with the natural environment and man made architecture. Periodical resting during training sessions led to more deep meditation where I can be enlightened. It is a great feeling to sit back and enjoy the simpler parts of life where another non athlete would be oblivious or numbed to. The gentle breeze as it evaporates your sweat. Or the ambient sounds of trees and nature itself. Parkour’s effect on my physical shape has been phenomenal. I have never been in better shape of my life. It has motivated me towards a healthier lifestyle while also helping me to realize other reasons to be healthy. I have more control of my body, coordination, and balance. I take notice constantly on how my body in functioning even at rest and walking. I have also realized what I can and cannot do. I think in a more positive manner, where I strive to achieve goals. What I realized I cannot do, I strive to accomplish it. I know that in a time of need, I would be able to escape using more obscure paths at my heightened physical fitness.
   I would suggest to all, find your passion and stick with it.

hell yes my friend, hell yes. READ this
Peace - Zach Hu Zerdaty.

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 04:03:39 PM »
HELL YES.

I think this is going down as one of my most favorite quotes ever.

Parkour has changed me into a totally different person.  I'm who I want to be, not who I wish to be.

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »
HELL YES.

I think this is going down as one of my most favorite quotes ever.

Parkour has changed me into a totally different person.  I'm who I want to be, not who I wish to be.
OWNED now I'm famous. It's a quote....so I can't brag, it's from a movie, front of the class.

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »
Hmm...Guess I better start on that book for this thread now.....
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 07:22:11 AM »
It has improved my life by making my reflexes better, and by helping me be more observent. (I'm a very clumsy person.) :P
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 03:16:46 PM »
my view is now no resistance, only flow and perseverance.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline El_Raramurilainen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 01:45:40 PM »
I was already awesome to begin with so it hasn't changed me.

JK.

I think unless you weren't really secure with yourself ahead of time parkour wont really change you that much. It seems like it gives alot of unconfident people confidence though. Which isn't a bad thing.

Offline PKAB

• Mangabey
  • Do a Barrel Roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »
It has the opposite effect on me. I like being around people now probably because my favorite friends are traceurs.
Perfection is a flaw.

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 01:08:43 PM »
I was already awesome to begin with so it hasn't changed me.

JK.

I think unless you weren't really secure with yourself ahead of time parkour wont really change you that much. It seems like it gives alot of unconfident people confidence though. Which isn't a bad thing.

being a BAMF does that to people from time to time. Heh Heh. Seriously though, I'm essentially a god amongst men in all aspects.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html