Author Topic: Mitch is here :D  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Mitch Hamilton

• Patas
    • View Profile
Mitch is here :D
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »
Hey whatsup, My name is mitch and I have been really thinking about trying out parkour, but never really had the guts until recently, so I decided to join a community revolved around parkour. I'm probably not the "ideal" person to practice this sport. I'm a heavy set guy, weighing in at 260lb, I'm around 6'3 or 6'5. I know I weigh alot, But I'm not as belly big as you might think. Although I lack some physical requirements, I have more than enough determination to keep on going.
oh and I'm From Dumas, Texas xD
Also if there is anyone that can and is willing to talk to me about PK, please IM me at odst1john@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:44:24 PM by HighEcho »

Offline Zach Hu Zerdaty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur for life.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Mitch is here :D
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:20:53 AM »
+1 My friend I added your MSN I belive, and I would love to awenswer any questions, I have been in it for a year and a half now.
Peace - Zach Hu Zerdaty.

louismathies

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:41:45 AM »
Hey Mitch.

I'm also new here so I'm not sure if its ok to say welcome.. But I do it anyways xD

I'm like you with a lack of some of the physical requirements. But just keep going till you reach your goal! :D
weee just like me xD

Offline Stephanie Belle Hagan

• Mangabey
  • poof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
Hello! Good to see more people getting into parkour. The community is growing!!!!

Anywho, I think that every one and every body is ideal or can be trained for parkour. Parkour isn't just for a certain 'breed' of people... it's for everyone who wants to do it.

This is how I learned parkour. I went to a nearby playground and picked a point A and a point B, then went in a straight line to get to point B. I just kept doing that same path over and over again and my speed in that path kept improving. Eventually I picked different paths and angles, and in a really funky way, I learned parkour. By focusing on point A to point B instead of certain 'moves', my body learned how to move the most efficient way for my body in parkour by itself.

Ack, I did a horrible job explaining this... lol... but anyways, welcome, and happy training.  ;)
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"
-Unknown