Author Topic: Wall Run (horizontal)  (Read 8409 times)

Offline free2run06

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Wall Run (horizontal)
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »
for me i perfected the two step wall run before i was a teenager. here is a little tip...try pushing up on the initial step not out..try running "up" the wall while running across it. sounds confusing but it works
Walking and jumping where others dont since 1996.

Offline steve dahlin

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour/Freerunning/Tricking
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 07:51:47 PM »
1. Run Fast
2. Make sure you are running at at about a 55° angle, the more perpendicular you are, the more traction you will get with the wall
3. i like to sometimes push off the wall with my hand on the 3rd step to get a little boost off the wall for a precision, or just going fast
I like Tricking and Free Running, i don't think i actually do parkour, because i do it for fun and self expression, which would change the term to free running.

Offline Zach Hu Zerdaty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur for life.
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
I wouldn't think height has much to do with it. For starters, get going quickly doing one step on the wall, and then go to three. Skip two steps because the second step is just a lead in to the third and will be quite awkward if that's all you do because the landing may be a little messed up because if you think about it, wall running is just running normally, but on a wall. For the full wall run, here's what I suggest: 3/4 sprint up to that wall, and plant the first foot. Here, do not stop, but keep running naturally, but leaning out of the wall. When I started I had the same problem, but I was lucky enough to find some padded walls in a gym and some mats to prevent injury. With the confidence, it just happened. As far as shoes go: don't worry about it, they really have little impact so long as they have a little grip; the biggest problem with be the wall and whether or not it is wet. Practice on a padded wall or on a brick wall. They are the best. And don't bother if it is raining or it just rained. Its too slippery until you have mastered the movement. Anyway, that's my two bit on the matter, and I hope it helped you. Good Luck.

well what i mean is, it seams to me i can only ever do the three steps fast, and get maybe a second longer in the air, so when i do the one step i get hardly less time in the air and its less awekword, and i can still jump as high.

I do a three step wall run, but I can make the same distance in one step if I do it right, so I do belive its more asthetic but oh well, haha.

Wait, what?
Peace - Zach Hu Zerdaty.

Offline eNVe

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 02:03:33 PM »
A while ago, practiced these for a while and the advise I can give is:  find a nice piece of wall and practice it over and over again.  Try out different ways of entering, different foot placements etc. and figure out which way worked the best.  Doing it in a corner is also a nice way to practice it.

Offline jorgeDominik

• Patas
  • afroecentric traceur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 07:30:59 PM »
I always thought a horizontal wallrun would be nice for a precision 3 or 4 feet away from the wall at the end of the run.                                   ______             I
                    So this is the object----->    I_____I             I
                                                                                      I
                                                                                      I     <--------Wall
                                                                                      I
                                                                                      I
                                                                                      I
                                                                                      I
                                                                                      I

Yeah some thing like that.... Sadly I have never seen it.

you missing the perpetual abyss :o :o necessary[or one story drop] to make it truly useful
loooool
why would a community of people focused on efficient movement[s ] want to move their community INEFFICIENTLY?

PRO Parkour : ANTICOMP

-we rid the concepts=right or wrong way; we get there:PKisEnlightenment

Offline jorgeDominik

• Patas
  • afroecentric traceur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 07:43:06 PM »
practical run: high vines of thorns block your way 2:14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7gE40Fbkuw
why would a community of people focused on efficient movement[s ] want to move their community INEFFICIENTLY?

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
could someone post a video tutorial?

Offline P.R. Stuart

• Guenons
  • An All-American Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
practical run: high vines of thorns block your way 2:14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7gE40Fbkuw

I think a tic-tac could have done that nicely.  The multi-step wallrun is just another option, and you should have as many open as possible; for example, what if you jump to your left for a tic-tac, off of your right foot, but want to land with your left foot forward for whatever possible reason? Knowing two-step wallruns could be handy there.
I decided not to put something deep here.  I'm in this for the physical aspect, the mental and spiritual are my own.

Offline itsokimaninja

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »
I may not be the expert, but I have recently been able to do a two step wall run. Her are some tips,

When jumping toward the wall, make sure your strong leg touches the wall first so it can push you along the wall further

Push with your strong foot along the wall so you get more speed, but don't leave the wall

Quickly bring your left foot up to continue the run

Tilt your body away from the wall, but keep your legs near it

and go fast at an angle slighter less than a tic-tac's

Kodai

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 06:43:17 PM »
I can understand that a multi-step horizontal wallrun really shouldn't give you that much extra force on your jump... usually it's just a tic-tac that you keep close to the wall.  But, I found this on youtube, and it perplexes me.  He actually uses the wall to run like 12 feet high on the wall, while running across by about 8 or 10 feet.  If anyone could explain how that's even possible, i'd be glad.

Offline jorgeDominik

• Patas
  • afroecentric traceur
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
amazing= 1:15
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1kIhgD0cA

he's from mia pk.. iConted five steps.. theres no way a tac would have been that controlled...

Offline David Glass

• Hirundo Rustica
  • CptBongue
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:14:48 AM »
Try changing which foot you step with, using the foot closest to the wall is good for power, but for a second step i prefer the outside foot. I hope this makes sense.

Actually, Tai has a point. Think of it this way: For odd amount of steps, start with the foot closest to the wall. For even amount of steps, start with the foot furthest

The reasoning is, on your last step, you want to kick off (away) with the foot closest to the wall because you are in a more powerful position when doing so (such as leaping away or over an obstacle, you won't have to do so over a crossed footing)

Hope this helps
Life can be divided in two phases: Before the first time, and After the first time
Traning Journal: http://www.performancemenu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5147

Offline bonboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »
well 2 or more steps could be practical to get over a gap or over an object. if the gap is too far to just cat leap, you can wallrun then jump off of the wall to get a little more distance.

ya but idt anything moar than 2-3steps is very usefull

http://www.bragster.com/brags/334279-parkor-update

my attempt^ at 0:14 ^