Author Topic: parkour/freerunning classes in Lincoln  (Read 12660 times)

Offline traceur98

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
parkour/freerunning classes in Lincoln
« on: January 04, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »
Would anybody be interested in attending or teaching these such classes, because i have gotten a hold of gym that would be interested in offering these such classes. please contact me if you would like to attend or teach at these classes.

Offline Cliff Springer

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: parkour/freerunning classes in Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »
depends when but i'm pretty sure i will be able to come

Offline Run_Rabbit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:28:12 AM »
Since, I am a Parkour newbie, that would be an awesome opportunity, since I have so much to learn. If you could find an established traceur for a teacher, I would be there!
"Find your own path."

Offline Rockwell

• Mangabey
  • "There's alot that I don't know...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »
How often?
Where?
What time?
I would love to attend, and all though I am still new myself(about a 1 1/2 years). I think I have a lot to offer and could help people who are struggling with the discipline.

HOPE TO HEAR MORRRREEE
-peace  :)
What if you fail?
I won't.

"Dude how did you rip your pants?!?!?"
"Well when you travel at the speed of awesome...."

"Fast. Run Fast.Run so God damned fast. Why? Dreams don’t catch themselves."

Offline traceur98

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:16:10 AM »
Rockwell, the times, how often, and how much, has yet to be established unless i get someone, preferrably over 18, who would be willing to teach classes at a local gym in lincoln.
if you wanna teach, and can make it down here when the classes are, i'd love to recommend you to the gym owner.

if all else fails, i was thinking of just having some weekly meetings of parkour in lincoln. just find a spot, email the members where and when, and be there. any interest if the class doesnt work out?

Offline Rockwell

• Mangabey
  • "There's alot that I don't know...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »
Well how often is key because I am in school and Lincoln is a 45 minute drive.
But it would totally be worth it.
I am 17, I would be willing to teach. I have not been training for years upon years, so I don't know exactly how qualified I am. I have taught people in the past so I know how it goes.
If this doesn't work our couldn't you just set up a really long open gym session for us to show up and exchange ideas/train/learn/.....be awesome?
Just a thought  :D
What if you fail?
I won't.

"Dude how did you rip your pants?!?!?"
"Well when you travel at the speed of awesome...."

"Fast. Run Fast.Run so God damned fast. Why? Dreams don’t catch themselves."

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 07:31:26 AM »
It depends on the time, price and place. I would be glad to teach (2 1/2 years exp) at least starting next month (I'll be 18.)  ;D
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline Crane

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
hey i would totally be interested in these classes and/or parkour meetings. i am relatively new to the sport so i cannot teach, but would love to attend. i live in lincoln, but can never find anyone to go out and train with, nor can i find any open gyms even. i do know of two other guys who might be interested in learning if you need more people or something. well if anyone hears of anything just message me or send me an email. my email is: tjkoolz@yahoo.com

ill be sure to check it frequently

Offline Run_Rabbit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
I live in Omaha--but if you do get a class started up, I would love to hear about it. I wouldn't even mind going to an open gym if there is someone who can teach me there. I really need someone to help me out with the roll<---serious newbie right here. Until then I'll keep running, and working out at the playground close to my place--my favorite.

kmhoudek_87@hotmail.com
keep me posted.
"Find your own path."

Offline cpetro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 09:03:11 AM »
Hey, i'm living in lincoln right now.  There is a group of us that practice on a weekly basis right now through the UNL rec center.  We just had our first jam last week.  I'd be more than happy to come out to the gym where you're at, or if you like, come and train with us.  You can look us up on facebook as lincoln parkour.  If you need someone to teach the classes, I would be happy to help.  I'm 24 so i think that is good for the age requirement.  If you need to contact me, feel free to email me at jcpetro@gmail.com

Offline joeyb

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 06:00:06 PM »
i am up for the class. just name the place and time and im there

Offline KitKat_Tumbiiri

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »
I definately need a class to learn the basics, seriously name the time, and the place and I'll be there.

I think that getting a group together would be awesome--not that trying to train on the playground on my own isn't equally as amazing.

In all seriousness, when we do decide to set up a class, let me know.

Offline cpetro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 06:51:27 PM »
Hey, anyone interested in training in lincoln should shoot me an email.  We are training as a group Tues, Wed, and Thurs of this week.  Next week will be Mon, Wed, Fri.  We usually meet on in the sunken garden by the Sheldon Art gallery on UNL campus.  If you don't know where that is, it's on the corner of 12th and R st just past the bunch of benches. The sunken garden is a big concrete place with art in it, but it's a great place to practice.  The times we meet tend to change, so if you'd like to come, email me and i'll let ya know when and where we'll be going.  jcpetro@gmail.com.  Hope to hear from you.

Creighton

Offline Braveheart294

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 08:18:18 PM »
I'd love to get itno one of those classes. Please don't tell me I'm too late. But yeah if I'm not please time and dates.