Author Topic: Do glasses affect Parkour in any way?  (Read 1346 times)

Offline TwinRunnas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Do glasses affect Parkour in any way?
« on: December 30, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »
Does wearing glasses affect doing Parkour at all? Can they be knocked off during any of the exercises? Could they be broken or damaged in any way? Let me know.

Offline Tuong "The Wall" Le

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Enjoying life. One step at a time.
    • View Profile
Re: Do glasses affect Parkour in any way?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »
Yes, they can be knocked off, broken, and damaged. To avoid having them be knocked off, you could wear those straps that keep them in place while you're practicing. They probably won't be damaged if you don't hit your head/face on anything, though. But the reason I said yes was because you don't ever PLAN on getting hit in the face, but it can happen.

I'd think that it'd be better to switch to contacts, but those might have some issues as well. Also, you might not be able to, in which case, it's probably best just to get the strap I was talking about.

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »
Luckily my vision isn't so bad so I can just take them off and train without them, if your vision isn't that bad then go ahead and do that.  Contact lenses are your next bet, but I heard about people complaining about sweat getting in their eyes, I'm sure that can remedied with a forehead sweatband .

Offline Andrew So

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »
I have never had my glasses knocked off or slip off while training parkour.  Granted, I don't train many flips and spins.  The only major problem I have is having them fog up. 
You can get the glasses strap or contacts, just remember that rubbing sweat out of your eyes with contacts is not an option.