Author Topic: Seriously!!!!  (Read 3810 times)

Offline MTrunner

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • MTparkour
Seriously!!!!
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:55:48 PM »
Alright looking over this page there's 1,000's of views.  Where is everyone.  Don't feel like your too new or your skills aren't good enough.  That's not the point.  We need to form a community here in Montana and start having Jam sessions.  That's the Challenge!  We start it here, We start it now.  I'm going to be training reguardless but It's so much more fun to learn from each other.  I've tried to make myspace groups and post on APK.... nothings happening.  I'll be moving to Missoula by next summer but I travel to Bozeman frequently.  Here are two videos from MTpk.

One is me
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33882439

One is my youngest
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=43484329

Offline MTrunner

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • MTparkour
Re: Seriously!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:15:51 AM »
32 views not even a comment... Dang

Offline PhikticiousIntent

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »
Hey dude. I want to get into Freerunning. It looks like a lot of fun. But anyways, I will be on the forums. And I try to be social.

Offline eNVe

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:55:45 AM »
I live in Bozeman and I don't know enough to train very well on my own.  send me an email if you're in town.  npvisscher@gmail.com

Offline MTrunner

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • MTparkour
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »
I travel to Bozeman on occasion and also know of a guy over there that is practicing as well.  Since you are just starting out I suggest starting to strength train ie. push ups, sit ups, pullups, etc.  Also just go for a walk around Bozeman and balance and walls or fences, jump from parking block to parking block... things like that.  Parkour is not about huge roof gaps and big flashy moves.  You start from the beginning and work your way up.  It's all about building the confindence in your own ability.  I'll keep in contact and once it warms up a little we can set a Jam up in Boze.  Peace..... p.s. some guys in Missoula are getting things rolling in that area and will possibly be holding monthly Jams and a gymnastics building called the MISMO.  There website is www.missoulaparkour.com  .... Go to there blog... they post Work Outs and other important information.  Check back in this forum for Jam times.  My plan is to start holding them all around Montana... even if I'm the only one who shows. Peace

Offline eNVe

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:16:32 AM »
Fitness isn't a problem.  I work out on a regular basis and train in martial arts 4 times a week.  How can I get in contact with the guy you know?  I've done a little on my own (basic vaults and stuff but it's hard when you're alone and don't know much.  My cousin lives in Missoula so maybe I'll be able to make it over for one of the Jams.  Hope to see you around sometime.

Offline MTrunner

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • MTparkour
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »
http://groups.myspace.com/mtpk .... This is a group I created on myspace.  His name is Donnie.  Here is a direct link to his page.... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=272162518

Offline MTrunner

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • MTparkour
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »