Author Topic: Using Snow as a Cushion  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Rumjux

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Using Snow as a Cushion
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »
is that a good idea? I want to practice some flips, but Open Gym (at my place) is only Saturady, 12 to 1:30. So when we get a good amount of snow, could i use that as a padding type of thing?

Offline Dylan Baker

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Using Snow as a Cushion
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:36:34 PM »
nothing wrong with it as long as you use good judgement. i do it all the time, it's great fun ;)
"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup;  you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow or water can crash, be water my friend."

-Bruce Lee

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:34:29 AM »
Yeah..just make sure you know the snow depth..and what is under the snow you are using  ;)

I.E: The 2-3 inches we got around Boulder wouldn't do much to cushion a landing and if you flipped into a snowbank covering a hazard you could jack yourself up pretty good.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb

Offline Stephanie Belle Hagan

• Mangabey
  • poof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:56:11 PM »
By all means, use it to your advantage. Just make sure you know the quality of the snow (icy, soft, etc...) before you do anything that could really mess you up.

When I train in snow, I always bundle up so much that I look like a really extreme marshmellow doing flips.  ;D
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"
-Unknown

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:58:07 AM »
Yeah man, go for it. I got about 6 inches or so of snow at my house, and shoveled all the snow from the driveway into my lawn, then practiced frontflips into the snow. I landed on my back every single time, but at least the snow was nice and cushony! I suck at flips.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »
Yeah man, go for it. I got about 6 inches or so of snow at my house, and shoveled all the snow from the driveway into my lawn, then practiced frontflips into the snow. I landed on my back every single time, but at least the snow was nice and cushony! I suck at flips.

and then there was Belmar... :P

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 11:15:45 PM »

and then there was Belmar... :P

Oh my god.

Alright, note to anybody wanting to practice flips. There is about a 10 foot ledge that drops into a massive 4-5 foot tall snow pile. Great for flips!
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »
except that stupid ledge... no, not good for flips.. good for drops... :P