Author Topic: Red Robot TV Shoot  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Will James

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Red Robot TV Shoot
« on: December 06, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »
Hey guys,

This is a video shoot that I did with Red Robot films (aired on Jookt.com and PBS Denver). It's an interview of me as a highschool traceur. I'm personally disappointed that they didn't include the part where I said I don't really care about the difference between Parkour and Freerunning, I just like the art of movement...That's ok though. It was informative and fun to do. Enjoy!

http://www.jookt.com/media/726-jookt-ap-will-james-freerunning

Will
That's mah name!
Denver Family. Word Up.

Offline Michael Zernow

• Captain Jetpack
  • Global Moderator
  • Patas
  • I believe in myself.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Robot TV Shoot
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 01:12:23 PM »
well done. a good piece.

Offline PKAB

• Mangabey
  • Do a Barrel Roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:26:19 PM »
Nice vid keep up the good work
Perfection is a flaw.

Offline Josh Wright

• Hirundo Rustica
  • A world is out there to explore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 01:51:33 PM »
Wow dude that was a great video!

I have to say this was an inspiration to me so thank you! I wish their were people in my area that do Parkour or FR... but sadly their is not :(

Offline kosovaparkour

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 01:53:16 PM »
well that was cool

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
I liked how you did a good job of explaining PK and FR. Also the fun and gain of it. Good job, man. Keep up the good work!
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Dylan Baker

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 07:38:09 PM »
very cool man, congrats. you have a nice perspective on what it's all about.

some of that was filmed infront of the performing arts building :) i always drive by and i've been meaning to play there, but haven't gotten around to it.

anyways, great job man, keep it up :)

"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup;  you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow or water can crash, be water my friend."

-Bruce Lee

Offline Soul

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 08:23:26 AM »
nice will very well done. also the jookt lady was hot. everyone thought it ill be the first to say it
Worry less about what its called, and more about how to do it....

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 08:36:53 AM »
That was really great you talked very well and knew what you were talking about.

Offline mospunk

• Patas
  • Matt M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »
From the position of an "older" guy and a high school teacher, it's cool to see high school students not only showing dedication to Parkour, but to show such an astute and mature perspective.  The piece about your notebook and the contemplation of shooting different scenes and such shows your intellectual investment as well.  You are a positive influence and role model among your peers.  Keep up the good work. 

Oh, and real men wear pink.  :P
Train safe, play hard, and dream of flight.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 07:52:05 PM »
nice one will. i think you can do faster climb ups at cat fountain though. ;)

Offline ThankQ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »
Great video, I enjoyed it.

Offline Will James

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »
nice one will. i think you can do faster climb ups at cat fountain though. ;)

My climb ups have actually regressed a bit unfortunately. I focused on them for a long time and then stopped drilling them everyday for some reason. Thanks for the input Ryan. I'm gonna watch the correlating 'Demon Drill' to get me pumped up.

Will
That's mah name!
Denver Family. Word Up.

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 09:51:56 PM »
Will, we are very similar apparently because I also have film aspirations.  I often joke to people that my life is 50% film and 50% parkour.  Do you also find yourself wishing you could film yourself because you are not content with the cinematography of your training buddies?  And in the end you just end up filming them more than they film you?  Anyways, what kind of camera was that man?  A sony somethin?  I have a panny DVX and I am pretty much selling everything and saving for an EX1.    :o

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 05:21:40 PM »
Very nice piece dude, jookt is cool im like in a snowboarding piece they're workingon, haha i thought it would be cool to get a parkour one out there but ya beat me to it!  ;) sweet for sure.

Offline Will James

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 06:32:48 PM »
Will, we are very similar apparently because I also have film aspirations.  I often joke to people that my life is 50% film and 50% parkour.  Do you also find yourself wishing you could film yourself because you are not content with the cinematography of your training buddies?  And in the end you just end up filming them more than they film you?  Anyways, what kind of camera was that man?  A sony somethin?  I have a panny DVX and I am pretty much selling everything and saving for an EX1.    :o

Na dude. I like filming regardless of who it is...If I'm not in my films that's ok. People can get footage of me later for other samplers or videos or just not at all.

While I hope that my passion for film and my passion for Parkour can be combined, I am not using Parkour solely as a tool to get me somewhere else. I just train just because I love the discipline. I just like the art of movement. If the two stay separate, that's fine you know?

That was not my camera in the video. I myself use a Sony HDRFX7. That was a...Panny something...

Peace,
Will
That's mah name!
Denver Family. Word Up.

Offline Lorin Ball

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • 1LB
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »
Will, I love this interview I think you and every one a part of this did a great job!

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 03:07:36 AM »

Na dude. I like filming regardless of who it is...If I'm not in my films that's ok. People can get footage of me later for other samplers or videos or just not at all.

While I hope that my passion for film and my passion for Parkour can be combined, I am not using Parkour solely as a tool to get me somewhere else. I just train just because I love the discipline. I just like the art of movement. If the two stay separate, that's fine you know?

That was not my camera in the video. I myself use a Sony HDRFX7. That was a...Panny something...

Peace,
Will

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant.  I prefer to always be behind the camera.  I enjoy it so much that if I ever want to make a sampler of me... I just end up filming others lol.  I haven't made a video of myself for over a year and a half!  So I hope you didn't think I want a bunch of attention or something.  It would just be nice to see myself on the screen sometime to see how I have progressed. 

And yes, my passions are two separate things as well, but while I am in film school I plan on taking trips during my breaks to make some documentaries about parkour.  After I get out of film school things will be very hectic and I expect to be working really hard, extra hours etc.  Even if I have to start as the coffee guy, I'll work my way up!

But yeah, nice news piece.  I like how simple and quick the movements are.  It really was a good movie to watch after seeing that stupid Australian parkour ban news thing.  I wish all the people who see that broadcasted and have bad first impressions of parkour, could see a piece like this.

Offline Will James

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant.  I prefer to always be behind the camera.  I enjoy it so much that if I ever want to make a sampler of me... I just end up filming others lol.  I haven't made a video of myself for over a year and a half!  So I hope you didn't think I want a bunch of attention or something.  It would just be nice to see myself on the screen sometime to see how I have progressed. 

And yes, my passions are two separate things as well, but while I am in film school I plan on taking trips during my breaks to make some documentaries about parkour.  After I get out of film school things will be very hectic and I expect to be working really hard, extra hours etc.  Even if I have to start as the coffee guy, I'll work my way up!

But yeah, nice news piece.  I like how simple and quick the movements are.  It really was a good movie to watch after seeing that stupid Australian parkour ban news thing.  I wish all the people who see that broadcasted and have bad first impressions of parkour, could see a piece like this.

Let's continue this convo via PM because it's getting more specific than the thread topic.
That's mah name!
Denver Family. Word Up.