Author Topic: Vibram Sizing?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Will James

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Vibram Sizing?
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:19:16 AM »
Hey Fivefingerers,

I'm looking at getting a pair of em, and I wear a 9 in Ariakes or a 9.5 in Freerunners. Can someone suggest a size for me? Do they run small or big?

Also, I read something a while back about the shoes getting smelly because you can't really wear socks with them. Is this how it goes? Or is it highly rec. to buy little finger socks?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:23:41 AM by Will James (Denver Family) »
That's mah name!
Denver Family. Word Up.

Offline Tyler Morita

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Vibram Sizing?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:03:16 AM »
Hey James, just get a ruler and measure your foot how the site describes.  This provided me with a perfect fit!  It initially felt a tad snug, but broke in well, and fits like a second skin.

I don't have toe socks for 'em, and never tried 'em.  And yeah, they do stink when they're fresh off your feet...your feet will smell too.  Buy a bottle of Gold Bond, and give the insides an occasional dusting between washes.

Offline Latocki

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:44 AM »
Definitely be sure to wash them out regularly as the dead skin with start to cake on the bottom.  some hot water and a bit of soap should do just fine.  they recommend not putting them in the dryer, but since they are my daily wear shoes I don't have to time to wait for them to air out sometimes so I throw them in on a low heat setting with some towels and they've come out fine for me.  On the Vibram site they also sell the Injinji performance toe socks, so if you're looking at some sock to go with 'em try those.  I was thinking of getting a pair of the socks alongside my next set of fivefingers just to see the difference.

Offline thedvsmonkey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • the devious monkey photography
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 12:15:24 AM »
Well, I normally wear a 10.5 in most shoes.  I have 3 pairs of various Five Fingers (KSO, Sprint, and Flow) and the Sprints are 43 and the KSO and Flow are 44.  I never wear any pair 2 days in a row and I wash them every weekend in the washing machine and let them hang dry over night.  I bought the five toe Injinji socks for the Flows which makes them a little tight but not unbearable.  That combination is still not warm enough for a Chicago winter sadly.  So no Five Fingers for me until late Spring.
"Who Must Do the Hard Things?  He Who Can."

- Nicolai Hel