Author Topic: Winter  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Jack Tobin

• Patas
  • Boner.
    • View Profile
Winter
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »
How do you guys change your training when winter comes as apposed to your normal training, beside the obvious not doing much outdoors?
I pretty much am going to stick to the gym, maybe go outside a few time to do some "heat deprivation" training haha.

Offline Chris Price

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Winter
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:54:43 AM »
I tend to do a lot more conditioning during the winter (compared to the rest of the year).  You can still do a lot of work indoors if it's too cold outside, but I try to do outdoor training at least once a week.

Offline Steve Zavitz

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »
Yes, training outdoors is a test of one's will and mental fortitude.  Training the mind to overcome obstacles is just as important as training the body.  Also, I see a lot of parallels to rain training.  You never know when you'll be called upon to use your parkour skills; rain or shine, freezing or burning.  I'd suggest supplementing a few days of outdoor training each week.  Work on basic movements that you're comfortable doing in the snow.  Just be careful and make sure you're always in control.

Offline Jack Tobin

• Patas
  • Boner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »
Chris, lets meet up and train in Ann Arbor sometime soon. You too Steve, I don't know how far away battle creek is though.

Offline Steve Zavitz

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 02:59:56 PM »
Where are you again?  You might be closer to Ann Arbor than Battle Creek, but I think we should choose a midway point.  Lansing is closer for me than Ann Arbor, but Ann Arbor's got better places to train.  Battle Creek is a bit far, unless you live in southwest Michigan.

Offline Jack Tobin

• Patas
  • Boner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 09:36:06 PM »
I looked it up and battle creek and Lansing are about 2 hours from me, so Ann Arbor is probably my only option right now. Maybe when I finally get my car and stuff we can plan a weekend to go out there, but for now I can only go to Ann Arbor.

Offline Kyle Gouch 'Triple K'

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Primates
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 01:35:48 PM »
Hey Jack, whereabouts do you stay at?(city)

Offline Jack Tobin

• Patas
  • Boner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 08:56:18 PM »
I'm in Lincoln Park. Your from Roseville right? That's about 40 minutes from where I am.

Offline Joeson Wong

• Patas
  • "Kuza"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:05:31 PM »
It just snowed this weekend so I'm seeing how my train will turn out :) but I have found you use a lot of stabilizer muscles for small things to avoid slipping. Sticking to indoor training and to my gym is pretty good but real obstacles are always so much funner... I'll see how everything goes and might make a video of my winter training :P

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Primates
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »
I'm in Lincoln Park. Your from Roseville right? That's about 40 minutes from where I am.

Thats cool, you think you can come over here one day a train with me and my friend, because we don't have a car to come where your at :p. Also, if it's too snowy we can go to the gymnastics gym near us.

Offline Joeson Wong

• Patas
  • "Kuza"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 12:51:48 PM »
I just google mapped lincoln park and I'm like wowzors, it's farther than detroit  :(

Offline Jack Tobin

• Patas
  • Boner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »
Thats cool, you think you can come over here one day a train with me and my friend, because we don't have a car to come where your at :p. Also, if it's too snowy we can go to the gymnastics gym near us.

Yeah I'm sure me and a couple of my friends could come train with you one day. I'm not sure when exactly. Ill message you or something in like a week and we can make a day hopefully.

Chris, why you no want to train with me?

Offline Chris Price

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 04:23:51 AM »
I'z always wants to train wit you JacK! 

It'll have to be after winter break though... I leave for NY in... 15 min   :P 

I'm down in Ann Arbor most weekends for training, and I'm sure if we plan it out and can get enough people to split gas we could even carpool out to Lincoln Park, or somewhere in the Detroit area  :)

Offline Zach Morgan

• Guenons
  • Well hi, guys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 06:49:17 AM »
Pick me up on the way! hahah ;D

Offline Jack Tobin

• Patas
  • Boner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 11:34:39 AM »
I'z always wants to train wit you JacK! 

It'll have to be after winter break though... I leave for NY in... 15 min   :P 

I'm down in Ann Arbor most weekends for training, and I'm sure if we plan it out and can get enough people to split gas we could even carpool out to Lincoln Park, or somewhere in the Detroit area  :)

Cool bra, we will plan some stuff when you get back. Have fun in New York.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Primates
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 11:09:56 AM »

Yeah I'm sure me and a couple of my friends could come train with you one day. I'm not sure when exactly. Ill message you or something in like a week and we can make a day hopefully.

Chris, why you no want to train with me?

Ok, cool, just message me whenever, I'm up for training anytime and anywhere. Outta curiosity, just how experienced are you at Parkour.

Me and my friend been doing it for about a year, and we basically got all the vaults down, we just need to make them fluid.

Offline Joeson Wong

• Patas
  • "Kuza"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 08:30:03 AM »
It was sooo warm yesterday but sadly I had to work :( I'm hoping these next few days will be warm so I can train :D

Offline Zach Morgan

• Guenons
  • Well hi, guys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
nah man it's frigid! D:

Offline Joeson Wong

• Patas
  • "Kuza"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »
Wowwww there was like a huge snow storm yesterday! Wonder how we'll train now...

Offline Blackhand

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
i do alot of weight lifting and indoor running i also do a few vaults id do persions but im not to good at em.

o yea by the way this is D