Author Topic: Bail Videos (thoughts)  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Brian Rowe

• Patas
    • View Profile
Bail Videos (thoughts)
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:25:05 PM »
What are your opinions on bail videos? I try to avoid seeing them whenever possible. Whether it be biking, skating, or parkour, my performance-level drops considerably after viewing them. I can't get the images out of my head and second-guess every move I make, which usually means falling a lot more than normal. For newcomers, I suppose bail videos could be a good thing, to instill the reality of potential harm and encourage caution. After 22 years of throwing myself over, through, and off the concrete structures of the world, I am very familiar with painful mistakes.

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Bail Videos (thoughts)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 06:26:20 PM »
What are your opinions on bail videos? I try to avoid seeing them whenever possible. Whether it be biking, skating, or parkour, my performance-level drops considerably after viewing them. I can't get the images out of my head and second-guess every move I make, which usually means falling a lot more than normal. For newcomers, I suppose bail videos could be a good thing, to instill the reality of potential harm and encourage caution. After 22 years of throwing myself over, through, and off the concrete structures of the world, I am very familiar with painful mistakes.

I've never bailed in the middle of doing something, only stopped before doing something.  When I start the movement, I'm fully committed to it.  Doesn't mean I haven't made mistakes...  I've face planted in front of my entire school on a simple vault.

Offline Rockwell

• Mangabey
  • "There's alot that I don't know...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »
I watch them as a constant reminder.
Every time  I do a trick I imagine the worst possible thing that could happen aside from dying.
I get comfortable with that thought, we become well acquainted.
Once I am relaxed, I commit.
What if you fail?
I won't.

"Dude how did you rip your pants?!?!?"
"Well when you travel at the speed of awesome...."

"Fast. Run Fast.Run so God damned fast. Why? Dreams don’t catch themselves."

Offline josh

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:47:24 PM »
i try to see as many of those as well as the complete failure vids as i can.  have you seen this one? http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=aCSXBglSbI0

Offline chodantraceur

• Patas
  • Moveo ergo sum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »
I've always noticed that parkour bail videos are never as bad as other bail videos. I think this is because we have total control over what happens. There is no medium object like a skateboard or skates.

"Fear is just the word ear with an "F" in front of it and ears are pretty funny."  - Jackson Miller
http://inov-8.com/Home.asp?L=27

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »
I LOVE WATCHING BAIL VIDEO's. If you watch the videos with the right thought in your mind like I do, then you will get the most out of it. YOU CAN LEARN FROM EVERYTHING. For instance, everytime I watch a bail video I observe every single factor that made that particular person F**k up to the point of injury, then I take that knowledge of observation and I implement it into my own movement. (i.e. make sure I come down at the right angle/ make sure my legs have a slight bend so that I don't hyper extend them, and most import MAKE SURE YOU COMMIT)! Use everything to your advantage.
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 11:41:35 PM »
I LOVE WATCHING BAIL VIDEO's. If you watch the videos with the right thought in your mind like I do, then you will get the most out of it. YOU CAN LEARN FROM EVERYTHING. For instance, everytime I watch a bail video I observe every single factor that made that particular person F**k up to the point of injury, then I take that knowledge of observation and I implement it into my own movement. (i.e. make sure I come down at the right angle/ make sure my legs have a slight bend so that I don't hyper extend them, and most import MAKE SURE YOU COMMIT)! Use everything to your advantage.

nuff said..

i am not one to give +1's but, gotta give it to ya. Not in bed.  ;)
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 11:02:23 AM »
i hate them and try never to watch them.  i don't need to learn from others mistakes, and i especially get no enjoyment from seeing traceurs getting injured.
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline Lorin Ball

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • 1LB
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
I try to only watch the bails of people who have their "Bloody Mess perk activated". ;D