Author Topic: new to parkour  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Alex B

• Mangabey
  • Find your own path.
    • View Profile
new to parkour
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:40:44 PM »
hey! I'm new here, clearly

I have always been interested in parkour, but only recently did I decide to start seriously practicing it. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, I can do a few vaults and some wall-tricks, such as vertical wall runs and tic-tacs.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can learn a lot of new techniques and ideas here and I'm looking forward to hearing from some people with real experience, as in my town there really isn't anyone who practices the sport. also, I guess this means I'm the best in my town - yay!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:22:35 PM by berky93 »
It's not about showing off. It's about movement and passion and freedom. It's about giving yourself the ability to reach farther and higher, to go anywhere you please. It's about living without boundaries.

Offline CaptainNegatory

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: new to parkour
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »
Hey Guys,
   I'm also new to Parkour as well. So far I have down the Wallrun, Speed Vault, Basic Landing, and the Underbar. Now, the one thing that is really giving me a hard time is the Roll, don't ak me why but every video I see isnt giving me the good angles. Say I get the roll down, how do I go from Carpet and Grass to Asphalt and Concrete?

Offline Greg Davis

• Mangabey
  • MOpk Creator and Admin
    • View Profile
    • MOpk
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
You know you're ready to progress from a soft surface to a hard surface when you no longer feel any pain on the grass or carpet. It should be smooth. When you first start your rolls you'll probably notice that it's a little rough and painful. When you have that down then move to, maybe not concrete, a harder surface and work your way up.
I always face north, therefore I have no guides other than my body and mind. By always facing north I am always moving forward and up, regardless of the obstacle in my path.

Offline trevmaster

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
hi
im new to parkour to. i always saw  it in videos but just started.the only thin i can do is a basic landin.
but lucky me  i met someone who has been doin it for 4 years and teaches it to people.