Author Topic: elbow pain/ lower tri pain after push ups  (Read 5882 times)

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
elbow pain/ lower tri pain after push ups
« on: November 19, 2008, 09:13:05 PM »
ok so i just started my beast workout program that he who cannot be named gave me ;) (he can't be named because i dont want him bombarded with a thousand people asking him to make them a workout, it would just be too much, but yes he is a BEAST ;)). the first day had 3x15 diamond push-ups and 3x15 wide arm push-ups for arms and omg it destroyed. before i started this new workout, i did 30 regular push-ups easily with my warm-up before training. the wide arms weren't too bad it was just that i did the diamonds (a b*tch) too that made them hard, but omg i have never been so sore from push-ups. i woke up in the middle of the night with pain on my left tricep next to my elbow, i assumed i was sleeping on it bad. when i woke up for good it hurt so bad and was puffy. it was uber sensitive and sore. what could this be0? btw my right arm has the same thing, just not as bad.

Offline Charles Moreland

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • www.charlesmoreland.com
Re: elbow pain/ lower tri pain after push ups
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 09:34:39 PM »
1. Wrong forum

2. We do not diagnose medical conditions

3. If you experience pain, RICE

4. If you continue feeling pain after RICE, seek professional guidance

Offline Mathew C

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »
I'm not a doctor

I'm not liable for any actions taken as a result of my statements

This is just in case you have some free time while awaiting an opportunity to see a doctor and you want to research and see what you might expect from a diagnosis

It sounds like you have a bit of tendonitis in the tendons connecting your right tricep to the elbow

Peace, T rex

p.s. GO SEE A DOCTOR
p.s.s. RICE
p.s.s.s. GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW!

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
I wouldn't emphasize seeing a doctor.  It sounds like you just haven't trained and put your body through enough stress to cause a lot of inflammation.  I'm not diagnosing, but give it a bit.  A MD won't tell you anything but take some NSAIDs, which I'm against.  so, there you go.
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline Mathew C

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 05:10:25 PM »
A MD won't tell you anything but take some NSAIDs, which I'm against.  so, there you go.

What? Last I checked, doctors DO tell you things. That's their job - people come to them with problems and the doctors treat the patients, or in some cases explain what to do so that the patients can treat themselves.

And what are NSAIDs? Oh. Neural suppresants / anti-inflammatory drugs?
I'm against them too (or at least against the way they're used 98% of the time)
Which is why I don't take them.
But I still went to my doctor when I had tendonitis, who carefully explained how I would go about ensuring that I healed quickly and corrently. In ADDITION, he suggested that I take an anti-inflammatory pill or an aspirin to help cope with the symptoms I feel.

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
*points to self* I am a doctor...  MDs give you general advice, advice that many on the forums could tell you.  But they don't know how to *fix* these things.  NSAIDs are not the way to go for sure.  And aspirin should not be recommended so frequently.  then again, i could be wrong, there ARE MDs that are very knowledgeable, so before i put my foot in my own mouth...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:07:05 AM by Ken PKChiro »
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.