Author Topic: Fort Collins represent  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Necro

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Myspace account
Fort Collins represent
« on: April 24, 2006, 11:55:41 AM »
okay, here's the deal:  boulder, denver, and the 'springs certainly have their strong pk base going.  here in fort collins, though, it's been a bit lackluster.  we're attempting to do something about this.  wish i'd thought to put something up here sooner, but hopefully we'll get something out of this.  tomorrow, tuesday april 25, there will be an attempt at a formal pk jam.  if nothing else comes of this, at least some of the people in town here can meet, and plan for future events.  i, for one, am tired of seeing all the great stuff happening in other towns, and feel we should be getting something out ther for the fcpk.

site:   CSU campus, at the archway connecting the Yates and Chemistry building.  (West Lake Street)
time:  roughly 6 pm, tuesday April 25 (2006)
plans: finding out who all we've got, and checking out (at very least) portions of campus, if not some of the surrounding area

open invite, kids.  i'll have a camera, so we can prove fcpk does exist.
Plain and simple- don't think, act.  React.  If you stop to think, doubt sets in.  Then fear.  Then nothing happens.  What's this all mean?  Punch and Go.  Jump.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: Fort Collins represent
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 01:05:17 PM »
good job man. thats what we need is for people in other cities to take initiative to plan events. being that i am from boulder/golden, people cant expect me to plan stuff for them in other towns!

Offline Necro

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Myspace account
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:38:38 PM »
well.  after that much of an attempt at hype...  i feel like an ass.

simply put?  no one showed.  then again, considering the only person to rsvp ended up with a broken ankle at the last second (non-pk related), and i'd only really given about 24 hours or so of advance warning, guess this shouldn't be surprising.  better luck next time, i guess.

note to self- get word out further in advance.
Plain and simple- don't think, act.  React.  If you stop to think, doubt sets in.  Then fear.  Then nothing happens.  What's this all mean?  Punch and Go.  Jump.

Offline Umbles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 01:36:33 PM »
lol ya, im not always able to check this every day >.<, one days advance unfortunently isnt enough for me to know to come 0.o... otherwise i would have!, i acctually had the day off 2.. very harsh. oh well... ya... a week or two in advance would be perfect!
He who fears death, Limits life.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 04:14:11 PM »
just keep at it. it takes a while to build up a scene in an area. back two years ago i was the only one in the denver area who was practicing parkour and contactable (is that a word?) online. you just gotta do it for love and jump at any chance you can to get more people involved. it comes with time.

Offline Umbles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 10:19:47 PM »
we should try and set up another.. perhaps message all the ft.collins people personally and set up a day... cause i dont think all of them check these daily  :-\

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 06:54:19 PM »
once im back in town, ill be in fort collins most of the time. so we can jam
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline Umbles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »
awsome!, cant wait to train with ya then  :P

Offline Umbles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 09:00:41 PM »
OK, gonna try and start another fort collins jam... a few things needed to know,.... who all is in fort collins... who all can come.... when should we have it... where in fort collins..... what time of day... and who else can you bring that is not on the site...

just brainstorming for now, give as many suggestions as possible!

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 10:21:50 AM »
Hey don't feel bad man
I don't know how many events flopped here when the Springs was starting out
It was nothing short of pathetic  :)
But keep at it and have patience, it'll happen.

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"