Author Topic: Shuttle runs  (Read 4588 times)

Offline soar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Shuttle runs
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »
Does a "shuttle run" mean anything special?  I vaguely remember from little league running between cones forwards and backwards.  Or is it just a sprint in one direction, turn around as fast as possible, then sprint back?

Gearsighted

Re: Shuttle runs
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:58:46 AM »
That's basically it. It's an agility drill where you do a short sprint, stop at a point while touching it with your hand, then sprint back. It increases the reactive power in your hips, legs and ankles which is good for when you have to change directions quickly and accelerate immediately.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 06:19:53 AM »
we always used to call them "suicides" if you run enough of them, then you know what im talking about ;)

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 06:51:35 AM »
^^ it's a similar concept to suicides but I always thought of suicides as running back and forth between points of increasing distance . . . like the lines on a basketball court.  Start at the baseline go to the foul line and back and then to half-court and back and so-on-and-so-forth.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »
ohhh, so shuttle runs are just running back and forth to a fixed point?

psycosis12

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:15:12 PM »
when i played DE/SS for football, we had to do step suicides with your partner on your back (about 2 flights of 15 steps and a fat guy on your back, if you lucky someone skinny) now thats a work out!