Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
Fallout 3
« on: November 03, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
16 hours in. so sweet.  just killed all of the slavers at the lincoln memorial so that the runaway slaves could inhabit live there.

Anyone else playing?
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton

Offline RM

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »
I want that game so bad, unfortunately, I don't have a 360.  My dad also wants one really bad to and he's basically a caveman with technology.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 12:19:21 PM »
Just picked this game up last night. Can't wait to go home today and actually start playing it!
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline Cloud

• Ryan Cousins
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Alliance - TEAM N00B YEAH!
    • View Profile
    • Aero
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »
this game is sooo epic!!  Brotherhood of steel FTW!  is there a way to get a dog?

Get with the flow...

Moa

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
Ya i have a dog I found him at a junkyard and saved him from raiders I love him so much he eats radscorpions for breakfast. God I love this game I wrecked paradise falls (the place where the slavers hang), and I am going to wreck Tenpenny towers because they are evil. What's your guys' favorite weapon, I love either the hunting rifle or the scoped 44. magnum i love the old rustic feel of the guns for some reason, I dont need no fancy lazors just my dog and meh rifle.

Offline Marshall Cent Lewis

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:08:30 PM »
Bought this yesterday after reading this thread   :)
It's simply AMAZING!
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »
Ya i have a dog I found him at a junkyard and saved him from raiders I love him so much he eats radscorpions for breakfast. God I love this game I wrecked paradise falls (the place where the slavers hang), and I am going to wreck Tenpenny towers because they are evil. What's your guys' favorite weapon, I love either the hunting rifle or the scoped 44. magnum i love the old rustic feel of the guns for some reason, I dont need no fancy lazors just my dog and meh rifle.

Nice on killing everybody in paradise falls, Ill probably do the same. The hunting rifle ownz, but theres a hunting rifle with more dmg than the standard in the safe in Pres Dave's office in the republic of dave, called "ol'painless."

Did you join the brotherhood cloud? I haven't progressed very far with the main story line, but right now the brotherhood still disses me...I wanna go in there city. they hate ghouls too, I like the ghouls =)
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »
Gosh, I get sidetracked on quests too easily..
I'm 12 hrs in, and still in Megaton, haha.
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 08:56:34 PM »
Okay..  Vault 106 anyone?
I don't scare easily, but that whole place had to been one of the freakiest game moments I've ever had.  I swore I was gonna go insane, haha.
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 02:22:27 AM »
oo only at vault 112, I'm excited though. and the "shoot em all in the head" quest can reap you some really ill armor supposedly, but I already killed the guy who gives it so I can't get it. So I want someone to go get it and see how uber it is.

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 03:02:57 AM »
Yeah, 106 isn't part of any quest or anything.  It's pretty much just a "dungeon" type place, but you get one of the bobbleheads at the end  =D
I'll be sure to check out that headshot quest.  I'm all about the good karma, so I only shoot who I need to haha.
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Moa

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 01:39:32 PM »
Ya i did vault 106 and got to the end and got the bobble head, I dont get the point of it there was no explination for what happened at the end, after that I RAN out of the vault and never turned back.

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 07:20:59 PM »
Yeah, 106 isn't part of any quest or anything.  It's pretty much just a "dungeon" type place, but you get one of the bobbleheads at the end  =D
I'll be sure to check out that headshot quest.  I'm all about the good karma, so I only shoot who I need to haha.

What stat is the head? I've found 3 at this point. and all the shit I did on the mission in vault 112 brought me from like jesus status to normal dude. so lame.

Moa

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
I think science

Offline Anthony >Aladdin< Trnka

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Error417
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »
wow i bought it played 24 hours in three days beat then main story (ending is Awesome!) and half the side missions... then sold it for $40. all in all a solid game.
Aladdin

Offline M16Parkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 03:51:33 AM »
I got it the day it came out and have been LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

but I'm a slow ass and never vary good at these games even though I love em, I'm still in megaton, and wont be able to get to far for a long time because I'm heading to basic training here, on Tuesday  :'( :'(, but hey its good for me. keep let me know shit you guys so when I get back I can rock the face off this game!

Offline Brian Rowe

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 08:03:39 AM »
wow i bought it played 24 hours in three days beat then main story (ending is Awesome!) and half the side missions... then sold it for $40. all in all a solid game.

There is no way you experienced half of the side missions in 24 hours. You would have had to create multiple characters with different karmas, charismas, speech capabilities, luck, etc. If one quick playthrough is all you gave it, I think that you missed the point.

Offline hardcoretraceur

• PRIVATE
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • a coeur vaillant rien d'impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 08:44:03 PM »
oof, this game is awesome
keep it free and true

Over
Under       OUTkrew is OUTgoing
Through

Moa

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »
So I am kind of pissed off at the game. If you've read The Road by Cormac Mccarthy you will know what I am talking about, pretty much fallout 3 is a Road simulator with one problem the difficulty settings. I want a setting that is realistic where not only do the enemies bullets do more damage but mine do to so if I get shot a couple times I will die and same with them. The only thing against this setting is that it is a RPG and generally you shouldn't be dropped by a couple bullets unless the enemy has a higher level than you, but I still wish it was a setting so that the game will feel more intense and if you see a group of raiders you will think twice before attacking them even at level 20 because you may get some new ammo or weapons but you may also die and have to reload your save. So pretty much I am pissed off because my dream of wandering a desolate road and getting holes shot into me will not come true because my fallout 3 character is too much of a BAMF like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8Ae-kafF0 (warning may contain an unwanted amount of Chuck Norris and bloody mess)

Offline RM

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »
I decided to bump this because I love this game.

I'm on my 3rd or 4th file and pure evil.  Blew up Megaton after destroying the whole town.  Right now I'm going around enslaving everyone and killing all of the unimportant people.  Eventually I'll have to get my karma back up toward the end of the main quest, but oh well.
No matter where you go, there you are.