Author Topic: Sup  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Steve Wilson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Power in the ties that bind
    • View Profile
Sup
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »
Evening all. Just to warn ya beforehead, I suck at these introductions and know it. You've been warned.

Sup, my name is Steve, 19 and currently reside in Schenectady, New York, probably one of the worst places to live in my opinion. Anyways, I used to do some minor Parkour back in the day, nothing too complicated, just the simple point A to point B thing. Managed to injure my arm around the same time which threw me out of commission for a vast number of things, most outdoor activities included. I'm well-healed up by now and have started to think if it would be an idea to get back out there.

Slowly I've been getting more active and getting my endurance back. I currently help teach at a local Kendo dojo and do some other forms of martial arts in my spare time. The thought about getting back into Parkour has been itching at me for quite some time now but I never got up the urge to go out there and start doing it seriously.

I finally broke and decided I would go out there once more due to the final push from an upcoming game, Mirror's Edge. It reminded me of how much fun I would have just to go out there and run. So, here I am, trying to get back into it. Rusty as hell and probably still not the best shape of my life, but the drive to go back out there is there and I'm using it.

So, if you have any advice, recommendations or whatever, I'd greatly appreciate it. Good to be here and hope to start commuting with you all a bit more.

Take care,
Steve "Xie" Wilson

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
Re: Sup
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
Welcome to APK!

You can always ask for help in the Movement Forum about specific moves such as speed vaults and cat leaps and any other defined "movement".

Also check out the General Fitness Forum. Lots of good information here. Make sure you read the stickys!
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Steve Wilson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Power in the ties that bind
    • View Profile
Re: Sup
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »
Alright, I'll check those out. Thanks for the help and the welcome. =)