Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 1444 times)

Offline JStarbury

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Hello...
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm 16 and from Chicago I had started practicing parkour a year ago, but stopped after I broke my nose after slipping on a patch of ice while walking down the street. I broke it in 3 places, and the Doc said to lay off anything that could cause me any further injury, otherwise it would easily break again, and would likely shatter into a bunch of little pieces. That didn't sound to fun to me, so I stopped practicing. Even after my nose healed, I went a couple months without practicing, mostly because school had just started. After those couple months I got back into the swing of things, and started practicing. Then one day, the wind was gusting pretty hard, and as I was stepping out of the car, the wind blew the door back into my face, cut my nose open, gave me a black eye, and left me pretty angry. After that, I figured life wasnt going to make parkour easy, so I was just going to go ahead and keep practicing even though unrelated incidents keep making it difficult. So yeah.. here I am.

Offline RM

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 06:55:27 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm 16 and from Chicago I had started practicing parkour a year ago, but stopped after I broke my nose after slipping on a patch of ice while walking down the street. I broke it in 3 places, and the Doc said to lay off anything that could cause me any further injury, otherwise it would easily break again, and would likely shatter into a bunch of little pieces. That didn't sound to fun to me, so I stopped practicing. Even after my nose healed, I went a couple months without practicing, mostly because school had just started. After those couple months I got back into the swing of things, and started practicing. Then one day, the wind was gusting pretty hard, and as I was stepping out of the car, the wind blew the door back into my face, cut my nose open, gave me a black eye, and left me pretty angry. After that, I figured life wasnt going to make parkour easy, so I was just going to go ahead and keep practicing even though unrelated incidents keep making it difficult. So yeah.. here I am.
I though I had bad luck with my fractured tibia.  Good luck with your parkour endeavors and train safely.
No matter where you go, there you are.