Author Topic: insult to parkour  (Read 7027 times)

Offline jumpmonkey

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: insult to parkour
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 02:10:15 PM »
jumpoffmyroof, i applaud you for backing up those X-TREME WALKERS, YEAAAAAAAAAAAA, WOOOOOOOOOO X-TREME

you deserve some good karma
( ' " ' \ ( ; . . . ; ) / ' " ' ) rawr. big bears gonna eatcha

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »
Dude, I don't need your "karma..." I don't honor stupid little numbers.( I'm going to assume your being sarcastic and not empathetic)  Dude, YOUR the new one to this community,

right?

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=1257.0

This topic has been discussed several times over the time i've been here, and i'm sure many times before I am even aware.
I defend them because I've talked to people who do this, and when I had presented the idea of parkour, they said they know, yet they did what they do because they choose to- and thus I believe you have no right to blame them of copying...

so save your "karma," because I'll just sue when it hits my dogma

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline jumpmonkey

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »
take some pills dude. and dont push dogma and other religeous crap my way. i mean come on. i realize im the newbie. but, i wasnt being sarcastic. i was applauding you. it has become apparent that you cant take a compliment. see a theropist dude.
( ' " ' \ ( ; . . . ; ) / ' " ' ) rawr. big bears gonna eatcha

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 05:46:21 PM »
Lighten up guys, there's absolutely no reason to be worked up over this.

Calm down, don't take life so seriously.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »
I was gonna say that but was a bit afraid in getting caught in the crossfire because I'm kind of new here, so now i concur with akh....I like that word 'concur'
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Mike "Pyro" Araujo

• Mangabey
  • Pyro4pk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 11:00:24 PM »
i agree Titan it does come off the tounge nicely. And as Akh said let's simmer down and keep this forum light hearted. So about the vid, although i think they look silly. they are just doing thier own thing and if they call it free-running then it's their mistake. If someone comes here and expects free-running, or parkour to be like that than we tell them what it really is and if they don't like it, then the don't like it, nothing we can about it.

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 06:29:30 AM »
I still think it is basically Parkour without the coolness because if I did that in my area someone would ask me if I'm doing Parkour (a lot more people know about it now and me) and I would say no freestyle walking and they would say whats the difference and I would say, uh I have no idea but it's like parkour but instead you do three-sixty's and hop over bikes instead of running up walls and jumping gaps and konging.  :-\ They would be like whatever dude it's the same thing and (I'm not criticizing them here) they would say most likely knowing the people in my area that it's gay. Thats just what they would say.  :-[ sad as it is. Ping pong and tennis are two different things (they just are) compared to freestyle walking and parkour. A Freestyle walker is like a noob in Parkour where as table tennis isn't at all an easy way to play tennis. See now if I couldn't do Parkour as I currently can I would go down to another level of skill and still do parkour but it would be called free style walking because of that skill level in Parkour looking like that (no offense to anyone). I don't mean to offend anyone but that is how I feel about this sport. That lookslike my little cousin trying to jam with me, really I am dead serious.

Sorry dude but I couldn't stop laughing the whole time I was watching because it's funny, thats just what it is, they can do it if they want but if they get some chicks from it tell me here. That was a joke by the way  ;D.

I have met someone who does this (I think because it looked exactly like that) at cedar point and I asked him if he was doing parkour (or trying to because he was jumping trashcans and three-sixtying off of curbs) and he said what is that, I'm just doing a little freestyle. I was like OK cya. I didn't know what it was, I thought he may have just been acting like a 5 year old but OK, he was over 20  :-\.

Don't take all of this too serious because I'm not, it just intrigues me.  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:34:29 AM by Flippusmn »
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 09:50:24 AM »
take some pills dude. and dont push dogma and other religeous crap my way.

I know at least with the dogma thing he was joking... your KARma hitting  his DOGma... get it... lets just delete this thread :P

and on a seinfeld refrence, you guys should try screaming this.... SERENITY NOW!!! it will help you all calm down espically after you scream THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THRISTY

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 09:58:52 AM »
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THRISTY... s.o.s. ;D
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 11:14:02 AM »
Yay for ppl goofing off in society.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."