Author Topic: insult to parkour  (Read 6967 times)

Offline jumpmonkey

• Patas
    • View Profile
insult to parkour
« on: April 16, 2006, 12:23:01 PM »
this is by far the lamest thing i have ever seen. they are actually serious. read the description on video google.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8102724806085412029&q=extreme+walking&pl=true
( ' " ' \ ( ; . . . ; ) / ' " ' ) rawr. big bears gonna eatcha

psycosis12

Re: insult to parkour
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 12:33:30 PM »
yeah it is, WTF!? extreme walking, kiss my glutes thats bullsh1t we should find those guys and give 'em a good ol' fashion PK beat down!  ;D

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 12:53:56 PM »
Yo, jumpmonkey...have respect.

What THEY (not to classify anyone in any way) do is up to them, but it should not be judged by someone who dosen't think the same way.  Their "sport" is a sport of their own, and you have no right to say negative comments otherwise.  Besides, they don't say anything bad about parkour...freestyle walking is a sport that developed on it's own...so do your research, and try to keep on the positive side...

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline jumpmonkey

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 03:09:01 PM »
its not that i dont respect what they are doing as a sport, but in their little discription, they call it free-runing. that is absolutly wrong >:(

Offline jumpmonkey

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 07:25:06 PM »
Haha, they keep f#cking up too...

Stereo29

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 07:57:04 PM »
All respect issues aside, a mullet-clad lad hopping around doing those "wallruns" is HAI-LARIOUS.

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »
Well, that IS their mistake...giving the synonym of "free running." However, as their main label, they DO say, EXTREME WALKING...which IS one of their terms.

From what I observe and read (I'm starting to sound like a National Geographics Documentry), I think them "messing up" is part of their sport: their goal is not efficiency, but rather, no-guts-no-glory, free for all sort of thing...a sort of do whatever comes to mind at that moment sort of thing...

"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Stereo29

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 08:07:01 PM »

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 05:50:01 AM »
the real sad thing is that guy with the redish hair looks kinda like me...weird.  Its a good start I guess...them doing this...someone should send them an email explaining them what parkour is.  Maybe they will come to the light.  I will.
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Kipup

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 08:29:58 AM »
Hahaha, life is Sososo much better when you learn how to roll - make sure to tell them that.

You know what's a little sad, to an outsider - that's probably what we look like  :-\

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 09:23:03 AM »
You know what's a little sad, to an outsider - that's probably what we look like  :-\

Good lord I hope not  :o

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 11:12:11 AM »
We most deffinetly don't look like that because my friend is sitting here and doesn't do parkour but thinks I look awesome when doing it and he thought this was mega lame. (Which it was lol). Those guys can do what they want but the only thing is that bothered me is that they said they created it in Hight School (bull) blah.  ::) It's just Parkour the dumbass way, thats all, so help them by telling them to quit and join us.  :) :-[
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »
Is none f#cking listening to me?

Freestyle walking was developed on it's own by it's own people.  Stop f#cking putting them down...if it WERE actually a "copy" of parkour, it would be different...BUT ITS NOT.

Do your freaking research!
Look even at the UF TV II...there is footage of free style walkers in the 80's///

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 01:58:53 PM »
Just looks so retarded and they said that they invented it they didn't. Like Jump said there was freestyle walkers in the '80s
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Eric Kropp

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 04:55:06 PM »
Kevin what are you talking about, extreme walking is awesome.  It should so be in the x-games.  It's that extreme :o

Offline daminmancejin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 08:12:01 PM »
 >:(i don't wann say anything but find them and hurt them BADLY!

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »
just because it its own thing doesn't mean that we can not criticize it...Come on.  Its stupid...if you train free style walking.
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 02:27:52 AM »
I don't care if you critisize it, but not because it's trying to "copy" parkour.  You don't critisize a ping pong player, because they're trying to "copy" tennis...

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 05:48:18 AM »
What if they are trying to copy tennis but don't want to run side to side?
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline jumpmonkey

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 02:06:55 PM »
this is getting waaaay off topic. :(