Author Topic: Heyo :D  (Read 1988 times)

Offline shadowfox47

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Heyo :D
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »
Heyo nick name is Fox and thats all you need to know for my name heh....
started parkour when i didn't even know about it heh... When I lived in Colorado I liked running around with friends just through Denver, sometimes we would just race down this one street that had shops for about 1/2 a mile and we would go through it... was mostly funny when it rained cause I was the smart one and got the non-slip shoes and used it on that day so my friends at some sections were slipping heh... but now I live in Honolulu, Hawaii so its hard finding locations. I'll probably post some pictures of areas, post it up and see what people say about it. Officially im going to start training for Parkour today so i'll start working out, I need to get fit cause living in hawaii is..... sure is paradise but after a while... you got nothing to do. I'll be taking my camera everywhere from now on and when i get the chance i'll go take pictures of some locations that could work but knowing the city pretty well... the only place really is Waikiki and Honolulu Convention Center which probably wont end well cause of all the security haha...

I know how to do most of the vaults except for the Gate Vault listed in the tutorials. I want to learn all the tutorials first then i'll check the Techniques forum. I know atleast half of the techniques in the Tutorial except for rolling, tic-tac and Cat Balance but i shall learn quickly :D

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
Re: Heyo :D
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of Parkour! I hope you stick in it for the long run and come to be a great practitioner!
Hawaii's got a great parkour scene from what I know of HIPK.

Also, rollin's pretty important. I'd work on your basic landings and rollings intensely in the beginning. Get it so that it never hurts.
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way

Offline shadowfox47

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:00:11 PM »
the basic landings i got its more of the.... rolling cause for some reason... knowing my luck i'd probably roll right... but at the end when i stand up i might smack into someone or something lol either that or i'd roll but at the very beginning my head isn't tucked enough and just smacks the back of my head hard heh....

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »
practice, practice, and even more practice. lol, If you're afraid of hitting something when you come out of a roll, that's definitely more of a "look before you leap" thing.
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way

Offline shadowfox47

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:49:03 PM »
Truuuuuue lol... i think the most hilarious thing that could happen for me when i roll is that i get into the roll perfect, rolling is good then when i stand up I stumble and land on my face lol