Author Topic: Any traceurs in Germany?  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Ryan Nicolai

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Notorius Buttmunch
    • View Profile
    • Hehehe
Any traceurs in Germany?
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:15:15 PM »
I'm heading out to Germany on Thursday for a week or so. Just wondering if there is anybody out there who would like to possibly meet up and train. I'm not exactly sure where I'll be staying, but I'm gonna get that info as soon as I can.

“The character that takes command in moments of crucial choices has already been determined by a thousand other choices made earlier in seemingly unimportant moments." ~ Ronald Reagan

Offline germaniac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • No risk, more fun.
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Hannover (so far German version only)
Re: Any traceurs in Germany?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 05:51:12 AM »
I logged in to the forum for the first time today so unfortunately I didn't read this before now. Sure it's too late for your trip but for others reading this I'd like to let you know that there's traceurs in every bigger city by now, with their own local online communities just like this one. Most of the sites are in German though, feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Parkour in Germany. We're always happy to meet traceurs from other places, so you're welcome!  ;D
"No matter that we may mount on stilts, we still must walk on our own legs. And on the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom." Michel de Montaigne, 1533-1592

Offline parmesan002

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I'm willing to try anything once
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »
Hey!  I'm moving to Germany (near Darmstadt... the place I'm actually living is called Dieburg, but Darmstadt is where I'm working) for the summer, and I'm looking for people to hook up with and train.  I'm sort of new to parkour, but it's a lot of fun, and I don't want to give it up now!

I'm rather unreliable with message boards, but if you happen to know anyone in that area, or how to get in contact with a group there, my email address is vasavage AT gmail DOT com. (sorry, I'm afraid of spam)
<3

Offline germaniac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • No risk, more fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 03:57:52 AM »
Hey Valkyrie,

the best known team from Frankfurt are Ashigaru (www.ashigaru.de). The website is in German only though, I don't know whether you speak any? If you need help with translating or communicating just let me know, I'm always happy to translate (and/or practice). They have a forum as well, but it's also held in German: http://www.ashigaru.de/board/
Some people from Hannover already had sessions with them but I haven't met them yet. They also have occassional sessions in Darmstadt, I don't know about Dieburg. On the website it says that one of the team members is living in Dieburg though, so you would probably find somebody to train there as well. If you want me to email somebody or get information on their forum or whatever just drop me a line.
"No matter that we may mount on stilts, we still must walk on our own legs. And on the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom." Michel de Montaigne, 1533-1592

Offline mdude2244

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Live Free Run Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
Im visiting Germany sometime in July. I've never been but I am realy interested in training there. I was hopeing to find some good spots to train before I go. So if anybody has been or lives there, help me out.

Offline germaniac

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • No risk, more fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 11:46:47 AM »
Hi there, it'd be really helpful if you state WHERE exactly you're gonna be - Germany isn't the USA but it's not that small either. ::)

Offline mdude2244

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Live Free Run Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
Yeah I know. At the moment I don't know where I will be staying but I should find that out soon enough. I'll actually be staying in a couple of different places so i'll let you know when I find out.

Offline mdude2244

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Live Free Run Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »
Berlin, Hamburg, and Darmstadt

Offline Ryan Nicolai

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Notorius Buttmunch
    • View Profile
    • Hehehe
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »
Haha, I came in here and was like... "Why did I start a thread in here?" Wow, Germany was a long time ago. Thanks for the info because I plan on making a trip to Europe in a year or so, Germany is definitely a place I will be seeing again.

“The character that takes command in moments of crucial choices has already been determined by a thousand other choices made earlier in seemingly unimportant moments." ~ Ronald Reagan