Author Topic: Where to get 'Parkour' sweatpants?  (Read 9285 times)

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
Where to get 'Parkour' sweatpants?
« on: October 23, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »
I've seen traceurs with sweatpants that say "parkour" on them. Does anyone know where I can get a pair of them myself? I've seen Urban Freeflow's but they aren't the same as ones I've seen in some videos, so I'm a bit curious.
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get 'Parkour' sweatpants?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 08:05:18 PM »
Basically if you own an iron, you should be able to make your own by purchasing some iron on letters and a blank pair of pants.

I attached a picture of what I did a while ago. The letters were just from a craft store and the pants were from Sports Authority. I don't remember how long it took but I now have custom pants that look exactly how I want them and was able easily to make another exactly the same for my bud. One pair took 2 packs of letters, $8 each and the pants were $17. I only needed 3 packs of letters for the 2 pairs but they are all different so you'd need to check that out for yourself.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 08:39:05 PM »
The pants can be found here: http://www.tracehq.com/store/
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton

Offline Marshall Cent Lewis

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
The bags on that website look awesome.  Too bad it's all so expensive.  Pounds are about 2USD, so the pants would cost about $49 with shipping after converting :-\

I'd much rather use Alec's idea and make my own.  In fact, I probably will!  They look pretty good for iron ons.
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:44:39 PM »
Ozzi made some pretty cool ones.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 03:06:03 AM »
We'll have some in the APK store in the next few weeks. We've been talking about this for a long time. We need to find some that WON'T cost $40 by the time we get the pants and have the image printed and pay for shipping, etc :)

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Ryan Nicolai

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Notorius Buttmunch
    • View Profile
    • Hehehe
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 06:34:04 AM »
We'll have some in the APK store in the next few weeks. We've been talking about this for a long time. We need to find some that WON'T cost $40 by the time we get the pants and have the image printed and pay for shipping, etc :)

You are a kind and gracious man sir.

“The character that takes command in moments of crucial choices has already been determined by a thousand other choices made earlier in seemingly unimportant moments." ~ Ronald Reagan

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »

Agree, I asked around also to the people who made my shirts and they will end up costing over $30 just to make them.

Basically if you own an iron, you should be able to make your own by purchasing some iron on letters and a blank pair of pants.

I attached a picture of what I did a while ago. The letters were just from a craft store and the pants were from Sports Authority. I don't remember how long it took but I now have custom pants that look exactly how I want them and was able easily to make another exactly the same for my bud. One pair took 2 packs of letters, $8 each and the pants were $17. I only needed 3 packs of letters for the 2 pairs but they are all different so you'd need to check that out for yourself.

I wonder where you got the idea from  ;D :-*
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 07:08:14 PM »
If it's a reasonable price, I'd totally get it.  AND it would complete my outfit!  I got the shirt, the backpack, now I just need those sweatpants   ;D  hurry!! hahha
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »
i actualy just got myself a pair made from the place they cost me like 47$ but i got an extra pair beacuse the guy messed up so i have one pair that just says AF on the front and another pair that says AF and parkour. But next time i think i will try to just make my own. :)
Go outside already!!

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 09:50:46 PM »

I wonder where you got the idea from  ;D :-*
Oh yea... all credit for the amazingly awesome iron-letters parkour pants idea goes to the brilliant and powerful Ozzi Quintero. ;D

Bulk Packs. I would like to be able to get a pack of like 10 different shirts or like 2 pants and 5 shirts. Have you looked very far into the process of getting these shirts Mark? Are "Bulk Packs" for <$50~$70 a possibility? Unless you're getting really high quality shirts or something, they won't be really expensive right?
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Daniel "spider" Potes

• Guenons
  • i cant find a decent pic soo to bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 06:45:49 AM »
ya i have a pair of urban freeflows pants. there really good but were rather expensive.
im loving the idea about bulk packages... that would be amazing to have a closet full of parkour clothing it would make my year
Though there is pain and suffering everywhere when all of what you feel goes into one thing and makes it beutiful you know you have reached happiness

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 09:29:01 PM »
Mark I would definitely Buy two pairs of those parkour pants if they were reasonably priced.

Also I think we could give all of those UF shirts and their designers a run for their money...

Offline Sam Zytka

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 06:09:31 PM »
Hey if you dont care about the official parkour sweatpants, then i recommend doing this.  Go to a goodwill or a cheap thrift store, and just buy sweatpants.  You can get them for like 2 dollars and they could be rather nice, and then buy those iron on letters and put parkour on it.  I could care less about them saying parkour but i bought like 3 sweatpants for 6 dollars

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »
If you iron on the letters will they eventually peel off after being washed?
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

• Mangabey
  • PKVA - Richmond, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »
If you iron on the letters will they eventually peel off after being washed?
I was afraid of that with a shirt I made for XC once.  And after a year of wearing it around, they are barely peeling off at all.  Parkour will probably make them wear and fall off sooner considering how much we interact with the environment, however if you're really afraid of that happening there is a simple solution.  Break out that sewing machine or needle and thread and set to work  =)  haha  That will definitely extend the life of the letters.  But also, if it falls off, you could just buy another letter and iron it back on too.
USMC Combat Engineers
Nut up or shut up!