Author Topic: 5280  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:18:09 PM »
They still doing Parkour Classes? I tried to go today, but couldn't find the gym. Uber Irritating.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: 5280
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »
Yeah im pretty sure
do you know the crossstreets

Offline Will James

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:39:50 PM »
Yes, class is from 630-830 PM.

Mapquest:
5280 Gymnastics
10601 W. 44th Ave.
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303-431-8838

When you turn LEFT onto 44th from North-Bound Kipling (so now you're going WEST on 44th), keep driving until you see a white wearhouse that says: 5280 Gymnastics. That's it...you may have gone down Wadsworth or something. My friend did that and came an hour late to class. Hope this helps.
That's mah name!
Denver Family. Word Up.

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:22:30 AM »
Yeah, I forgot to lookup the address last night, just knew it was at 44th and Kipling, and it was so dark we couldnt find it. I was so mad...
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:16:13 AM »
Are there still restrictions on what you guys can use?

Offline Jake Smith

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »
Are there still restrictions on what you guys can use?

We aren't allowed to use most of the equipment.  We can use the pits and the trampolines and all of the pads and mats if they aren't in use, but everything else is off limits.
I have to return some videotapes.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 06:04:57 PM »
Has lorin appealed to them again, at all?  Thats pretty bullshit.

Offline Lorin Ball

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • 1LB
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »

I've gone through all of the management and owners of the gym. Some of them favored us using equipment and some of them did not. What it all boils down to is that the gym has provided us with an excellent place to train safely and it's their equipment to choose what they want to do with it. The reason they don't want us using some of the bars or beams etc. is because we are getting such a good deal and the rate that were paying doesn't even compare to the amount that the average gymnast is paying there, which would no doubt cover the cost of broken equipment or any kind of maintenance. despite this minor inconvenience I'm still very happy to see so many kick ass Free-Runners and Trickers train together and I owe that to 5280.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »

I've gone through all of the management and owners of the gym. Some of them favored us using equipment and some of them did not. What it all boils down to is that the gym has provided us with an excellent place to train safely and it's their equipment to choose what they want to do with it. The reason they don't want us using some of the bars or beams etc. is because we are getting such a good deal and the rate that were paying doesn't even compare to the amount that the average gymnast is paying there, which would no doubt cover the cost of broken equipment or any kind of maintenance. despite this minor inconvenience I'm still very happy to see so many kick ass Free-Runners and Trickers train together and I owe that to 5280.

I can understand that.

Is there any way that we can pay more...maybe on our own or through you or something...that would allow us to use the equipment?  Maybe some sort of "private session" rate or something?

When I get back into tumbling/tricking training, I have no problem paying a bit more for another day of gymnastics a week...and I would like to learn circles on the mushroom and bar flips (like flyaways) and ring swings (like dislocates).  P-bars are also pretty damn useful.