Author Topic: BELMAR!  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Derik (QuikSilva) DaSilva

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
BELMAR!
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:59:29 PM »
Forgive me if there is already a belmar-related thread here, but I just got back from jamming a little bit at Belmar with a friend of mine. And while I was working on some rail sensitivity, a man walks up to us and asks what we're doing. He doesn't look like a cop or security, just a regular guy that is genuinely interested in what we're doing. So I explain what parkour is and he tells me his name is Keith, and that he is head of security at Belmar! My heart skips a beat, until he says, "You guys have fun, just don't scuff up the walls." (I did a tic-tac over a rail before he approached us.) I was surprised, "So we can practice here as long as we don't scuff up the walls?" He said, "Yeah, and don't hurt anybody." I'm stoked that Belmar is open now. I work right across the street and I'm about 5 minutes away. So if anyone wants to jam there, and security talks to you, tell them "Keith said it's okay!" :P

Edit: There some pretty decent spots there, but I'd say it's mostly beginner stuff.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:01:05 PM by Derik DaSilva »

Offline blachawk

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: BELMAR!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »
good to hear! I used to live right by okane park but i never got around to training at belmar. im still over there frequently so ill have to get over there too. score.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
I've been a couple times. There's some good stuff but I haven't trained there too thoroughly. That's cool to hear about security!

Offline Adrianortiz

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »
NICE.... I live like 5 minutes on bus.. and 20 minutes from walking.. I just living on the edge of denver and Lakewood. Im gonna need do some parkour there it looks like a good place but I never really saw alot of places maybe in the indoor parking lots.Ill like to go parkour there .

Offline matt marshall

• Patas
  • yippie kay yay muddafugga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:48:34 AM »
amazazing! Keith you say, we shall tell tales of his bravery and enemy slayings.  they shall sing of him in halls of valhalla forever.  unless he besieges us with treachery, to which we will curse with great anger and smiting power.  a fine line you walk keith, a fine line indeed.
i hunt ninjas! bitches.

Offline Dylan Baker

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »
amazazing! Keith you say, we shall tell tales of his bravery and enemy slayings.  they shall sing of him in halls of valhalla forever.  unless he besieges us with treachery, to which we will curse with great anger and smiting power.  a fine line you walk keith, a fine line indeed.

agreed +1
"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup;  you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow or water can crash, be water my friend."

-Bruce Lee

Offline Adrianortiz

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
VALHALLA!!!!!!

Offline Lorin Ball

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • 1LB
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 08:58:08 PM »
Check out the whole foods parking lot. Theirs some fun Kong precisions and a great intermediate level double Kong there. I live right by there as well.

Offline Dylan Baker

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
hey man, sorry i didn't make it saturday, it turned out i already had plans. are you doing saturdays regularly? or when are you doing the next one?
"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup;  you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow or water can crash, be water my friend."

-Bruce Lee