Author Topic: What do you think of this, APK?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Arimsoma

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
What do you think of this, APK?
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:20:56 PM »
Starting tomorrow, I'm shutting down. And forgetting everything electronic, and basically going into a "Power train" mode for a long, long time. I set high standards for myself, and I'm thinking that this will help.

I am also getting rid of all bagged foods, staying away from everything un healthy.

Thoughts+comments?

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of this, APK?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »
It sounds like something that can really really benefit you and really help with your training. If can spend everyday every second you can training then the results should be a huge improvement mentally and physically.

Good luck with your training! Stay safe and have fun.
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »
Sounds amazing! I'd do it, but my classes require a bit of computer use. I really admire it though. It's tough to break the modern habits we have. Checking email, posting on forums, pwning noobs on games.

Good luck man, hope to hear the results!
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline Stav Bendor

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »
Remember that you need rest, overtrainning injuries can get pretty serious and aren't too hard to acquire. Other than that I would say go get a bunch of good books. Hopefully this will turn into a very meaningful experience.
Pro Parkour - Against Backbiting

Offline John Conway

• Mangabey
  • John Conway
    • View Profile
    • CouchSurfer
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »
Good luck bro, your a pioner in your own right!

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »
I'm not sure I would say this is a good idea... I know a lot of people that try this and since it's such a drastic change, they break pretty quickly. I would say it's better to do it gradually and feel your way and find things you can eliminate one by one.

It's great that you are trying something like this but I hope you don't get overwhelmed by "Power train" mode.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »
I'm not sure I would say this is a good idea... I know a lot of people that try this and since it's such a drastic change, they break pretty quickly. I would say it's better to do it gradually and feel your way and find things you can eliminate one by one.

It's great that you are trying something like this but I hope you don't get overwhelmed by "Power train" mode.

But isn't that part of the beauty that is Parkour? We take things gradually by nature, only do what we feel like we can. Don't go beyond what we feel our bodys limits are.
I say go for it. Should be an eye-opening experiance. Not just in the "power training" of parkour, but to life in general. Living without some natural comforts and such.
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »

But isn't that part of the beauty that is Parkour? We take things gradually by nature, only do what we feel like we can. Don't go beyond what we feel our bodys limits are.
I say go for it. Should be an eye-opening experiance. Not just in the "power training" of parkour, but to life in general. Living without some natural comforts and such.
Agree. ;)
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline NICK DAGGER

• Nick Dagger P.I.
  • Mangabey
  • I AM NICK DAGGER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 05:45:25 AM »
I was just about to say the same, I tried changing drastically like that, and I failed. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's easier to change over time.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 07:35:41 AM »
yeah, and if you're shutting off everything electronic, why ask how we feel - how will you know? :P

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Aaron Ream

• Patas
  • "Kansas"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:43:41 AM »
yeah, and if you're shutting off everything electronic, why ask how we feel - how will you know? :P

Hence the lack of response?
I'll never look back
Ive got No Regrets
Cause time doesn't wait for me
I Choose to go my own way