Author Topic: 5.10 Freerunner "Alien Glow"  (Read 28666 times)

Offline Tuong "The Wall" Le

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Enjoying life. One step at a time.
    • View Profile
Re: 5.10 Freerunner "Alien Glow"
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »
When I finally wear down my freerunners, I might look into getting the Daescents.

Do they grip on smooth flooring, like hardwood?

Offline Joe Ramos

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »
*Sigh* Awesome how I get my shoes on the one day it rains ALL WEEK! Looks like any precisions I wanted to attempt will have to wait  >:(

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
  • 417-343-7111 call or txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »
Thats weird, I don't think the freerunners look like running shoes at all.  When I first saw them, I was like, WTF?  Those look like skate shoes modified a bit for parkour.

skate shoes? what skate shoes are you looking at?

Offline Spark710

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
When I finally wear down my freerunners, I might look into getting the Daescents.

no
What is fitness without finesse?
What is power without precision?

99% right is still 100% wrong.

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 01:07:21 AM »

no

Ehh, I think they kinda do.  But I dont do parkour much on hardwood  :P

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2009, 01:16:36 AM »
Thats weird, I don't think the freerunners look like running shoes at all.  When I first saw them, I was like, WTF?  Those look like skate shoes modified a bit for parkour.

skate shoes? what skate shoes are you looking at?

I said that was my initial reaction.  And compared to RUNNING shoes, which is what 90 percent of practitioners wear, they do have similarities to skate shoes. 

The bottoms are much more flat than the soles of a running shoe which has a gradual curve from midsole to toe. 

In addition, the midsole of a running shoe typically comes to a very narrow point and is often supported with extra hard materials (right under the arch of the foot). 

The sole is made up of one uniform rubber like the soles of skate shoes and, it is black.

Skate shoes are very wide and these shoes are too.  That is a fact and one of my main points.  Fiveten told me this.  I wear 4E running shoes.  Thats like double wide.  And these fit me fine.

Material:  the outside stuff on the shoes is the exact same material used on most skate shoes so I am not sure why you are surprised I made the comparison.  Have you ever seen an athletic shoe made out of this.  Suede I think it is called. 

Also the emblem and the design.  It just kinda reminds me of some Etnies I have had.

Anyways, I love these shoes and the functionality of the shoe is not at all like a skate shoe.  it is less poofy and has a more athletic support system with a slightly curved sole, but the similarities remain.  Suede, width etc.

Offline Tuong "The Wall" Le

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Enjoying life. One step at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 01:23:43 AM »
That's a fair enough answer with enough similarities for me. xD And I noticed just now, that they are pretty wide. I had wide feet and didn't even think twice when the FRs I got fit me so well.

That brings up another question about the Daescents. Are they wide like the FRs?

Offline Tyler Morita

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2009, 11:14:52 AM »
My feet are pretty dang wide, and both my freerunners and Daescents fit me well. I don't think the freerunners are wide...or any wider than the Daescent, but the material did break-in and relax to shape my foot very well on both shoes.

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009, 05:57:51 PM »
Well something similar happened to me with my first pair (v1's).  They turned out to be a bit to small (short) which also made them a little to thin as well.  You are supposed to order a half size up with these shoes (FRs) in case you didn't know.  Anyways, I had only worn the shoes once and 5.10 gave me half of the price of the shoes as store credit when I returned the v1's.  I substituted them for the v2's.  Anyways, I think they are pretty wide, so my only thinking would be maybe they are too short as well.  I wear orthodics in them.  You could try a very thin, hard, wide orthodic to stretch out the base and provide a wider area.  This keeps the fabric tightness from killing your foot.  You kinda have to try them on and play around with it though.  I feel for ya man.  I've been in lotsa similar shoe problem situations. 

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »
For the record, the Ag's definitely mark up walls. Bit of a bugger there. I loved how the V1 freerunners never left a single mark.

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2009, 03:12:37 PM »
It'd be cool if they could make the rubber clear or white.

Nathan J.P.

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
For the record, the Ag's definitely mark up walls. Bit of a bugger there. I loved how the V1 freerunners never left a single mark.

In  my experience they actually leave the worst marks i've seen on painted surfaces, and certain flooring.  On most cement walls i don't notice it as much if at all.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
I personally Love the AG's!!!!

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »
It'd be cool if they could make the rubber clear or white.

i asked if they could, and they said that it would really screw with the stickiness of the rubber, and would only look good, and would perform horrid or something like that ill find the quote and bring it up

thanks, i was just thinking, they should have made the rubber on the bottom green, or mixed a black/green swirl going on haha, would have added to the "Alien" theme

It would have effected Friction... we can make Phantom in other colors...  but it also reduces durability and friction... Mystique is the best of everything that would have to be sacrificed if we decided to color it.

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2009, 01:19:46 AM »
Yeah, I had actually already read that thread.  I knew they said they couldn't but ya know, it would be cool.  Also, neon green marks would be even worse I think lol.  I only notice the marks on light painted surfaces.  Personally I don't think its too big of a deal and these surfaces would show dirt marks from other shoes.  Not anywhere near as bad though...

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
right, i have problems with marks from dirt with my v1.0 freerunners(they collect dirt like its a hobby)

Offline Steel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »
I had the original freerunners for about 8 months, but after about 7 I got this huge rip along the left toe area at the seam between the sole and the uppers. Other than that, and the fact that they wore down pretty fast, they were incredibly comfortable shoes. I probably wouldn't buy them again though.

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2009, 01:46:47 AM »
I don't know how often you train, but if mine last me 8 months I will be happy.  All I can compare them to are running shoes which I went through every couple of months.  Now that gets costly.

Offline Steel

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2009, 06:23:49 AM »
That was just normal wear and tear. I saw the history channel special on 5.10 and decided to buy a pair of shoes. I was never really into parkour until a little while ago.

Offline Dustin Smith

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2009, 02:40:08 PM »
history channel had a special? hmm ill have to see if i can get this somehow