Author Topic: Mirror's Edge and Seb  (Read 4987 times)

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror's Edge and Seb
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »
I don't think so, but what's the real problem with playing as a girl?

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »
Seb is a beast!

And this reminds me of prince of persia.  He could do like 20 step wall runs, but couldn't drop more than 6 feet onto a floor without dying.

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »
And this reminds me of prince of persia.  He could do like 20 step wall runs, but couldn't drop more than 6 feet onto a floor without dying.

Man, those are three of my favorite games ever!  The storytelling in the first one was what hooked me for the rest of the series.

Offline Holland Wilson

• Mangabey
  • Formerly known as the Damned Scholar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »
Do they plan on making a Male Character you can be?  ???

Apparently Faith was originally one of several characters, but they fell in love with her and she evolved from there into the central part of the story. So...no. Not unless they've kept in the multiplayer mode and all the other characters (Wikipedia says she's the only playable character in the game, but that could be referring to the storyline part).

Anyway, do you find it emasculating that the designers and writers of a story might have the gall to mandate that the main character (whose head you happen to inhabit for the duration of the story) be a girl? Or are you just completely new to the idea of linear video games? This isn't Tony Hawk, and I am glad that the major "parkour games" so far have all seen fit to have serious plot, rather than just mucking around.
"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since." - Salvador Dali

Offline Adrianortiz

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »
I really dont think that its important if its male,female, or customizable. If you remeber the game is first person so you wont be able to see them. Your gonna see through there eyes, the only thing you are gonna see is there feet and arms .Faith doesnt even have a reflection in the reflective windows if you look carefully.

Offline Cord Zwirner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »
Tomb Raider did all right without a male player option.

Yes but Tomb Raider had sex appeal running for it. No offense Faith  :)
brushing your teeth helps you lose weight?

hmmm....

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »
Faith isn't attractive?  I tend to have a problem with the idea that females need to look like Barbie to be attractive.  Actually, if modern comic books or video game characters are any indication, even Barbie is pretty unattractive.  If Faith for whatever reason isn't eligible to be attractive, then I think we've gone from bad to worse.

Offline Adrianortiz

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 03:59:12 PM »
NOT ATTACTIVE.....Hey I think faith has that asian persuasion going on for here.

Offline Holland Wilson

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 05:34:33 PM »
I think Faith is sexy, though part of that might be the fact that she can jump between buildings. She's cute, too, though; it's not just her jumps I think are attractive.

Yes, video game character design has come a long way.
"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since." - Salvador Dali

Offline Cord Zwirner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »
No actually that's not what I meant. I meant that this game is first person whereas Tomb Raider was 3rd person. In Tomb Raider, You could see Ms. Croft, and therefor have more access to the body, if ya know what I mean  ;).
brushing your teeth helps you lose weight?

hmmm....

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
Oh!  Sorry, I guess that rant was a little out of line.  ::)

Hyper_Mode

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »
I don't think so, but what's the real problem with playing as a girl?

Do you really think it's so weird that as a male, I would like to play as a male?

Offline Eli Kurtz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Excelsior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 03:04:51 PM »
I think it might be a little weird that you're making note of gender in a game that's set in first-person, yeah.  You said "[a female character] ruins it for me," which seems a little harsh.  There's a difference between preferring a male character and being actively upset by a female character, and you seemed to be the latter while now you're making it seem like you're endorsing the former.

Then again, we're arguing about vidjeema games on the intarwebz.  Come on, now.  :P

Offline shadowfox47

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
even if you were a male, its just a video game... plus how do you think the females feel when they play a game and the character is a male? cause... you know... there are female gamers :O theyre just making it so it proves that females are as strong as males and they are. There are even a lot of PK/FR girls out there. and i can't wait for this game wooo.... already got it on reserve and I work at gamestop too hehehehe.... 15% off the game and also get the yellow bag from the game in real life :o

Hyper_Mode

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:47 AM »
even if you were a male, its just a video game... plus how do you think the females feel when they play a game and the character is a male? cause... you know... there are female gamers

Haha. They don't care, they act like men all the rest of the time.

Offline Tai

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 11:39:16 AM »
i have a reserve and now i have a reason to skip school, catch Seb.....  just too cool, i think i may cry a little.

Offline Phil S.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 05:22:07 PM »
thats so cool seb was in stockholm! is the game sorta set there too?

Offline Peter"Ewok"Golightly

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Don't do this guys (not me, for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 10:12:51 AM »
thats so cool seb was in stockholm! is the game sorta set there too?
No it's set in a dystopian facist future where communications are heavily watched, so people hire runners like faith, to send messages. I am facepalming every so slightly at this thread.
Any ways looks good, demo comes out on PSN the 9th and the fact that it's being backed by freerunnners makes it good.
"I run not because I must, not because I can, but because I want to."-Moi
I speak french, semi fleuntly.
"   
Je lance pas parce que je dois, non pas parce que je peux, mais parce que je veux.
"

Offline Holland Wilson

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »
Haha. They don't care, they act like men all the rest of the time.

If they don't care it's because they're more mature than that, not because they intrude across the walls of your stereotypes.